Armor for body type (5' 7", 185lb)

Hi all. Just went to first meet n greet with local mountain garrison (Denver) and looking to start my research. Looking for recommendations / guidance. Seeking Stormtrooper armor for my 5' 7", 185lb frame (5' 8" on a good posture day!). <br>

Any comments/direction greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome aboard. You are in a perfect height to be a TK

AP just modified his armor to accommodate the Ab and Kidney sections without adding any shims.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have one of the extended AP kits on order and will share pics when I get it but I think it would fit you by the sounds of it. I'll still need to shim, the extra 6 inches wont be enough lol

Not enough? How tall are you? I was considering getting one of the new sets after speaking with Mark but I'm 6'4" and now I'm worried and may just forgo it if I have to mod it too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'1 and 46" at my belly button so I'll need to shim the ab and kidney. Marks always looking around here so he will most likely answer this too lol

Edit:took out an inaccurate part

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Knockerbot

Ok cool. I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs. More built for a Vader which I plan next year but I've always wanted to be a stormtrooper. I'm hoping that length has been added because aside from the AM 2.0 I ordered, I'd like a set of AP and Mark did tell me that he added 3" to parts but I wasn't sure if he made it longer as well. I'm hoping so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is what scares me too. I won't need to mod too much but I'm worried about obvious gaps between the back and kidney and chest and cod. I'm 6'2"-3" 150 lbs, build like a string bean...

• Like 1

If you want ATA, AP is supposedly derived from the same set. One of the older TKs would be able to verify that for sure but the cost isnt that much different but the wait is like 6-10 weeks Max for AP. <br><br>

Also I Don't know MTKs contact unfortunately though.

Just to make it clear AP did not extend length of the legs or any other parts this would compromise the authenticity of my original molds, I just added extentions to sides of  AB/Kidney plates and back of all leg parts, basically added more material in areas were shimming would be required for some.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80

If you want ATA, AP is supposedly derived from the same set. One of the older TKs would be able to verify that for sure but the cost isnt that much different but the wait is like 6-10 weeks Max for AP. <br><br>

Also I Don't know MTKs contact unfortunately though.

Does AP still have the two left arm and two right shin deal?  Or did that get rectified?  I miss my AP kit though, I loved it.

• 3 weeks later...