EPVII Rubies Blaster

gmrhodes13

Seems surprisingly nice. Being Rubies, i fear a bit the price tag though.

Found one after a discount code it was $17.58 plus shipping http://www.costumediscounters.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-captain-phasma-blaster-32249r.html

Hmmm... My link isn't working. I found it on spirithalloween.com though. It has dimensions. Looks to be roughly 18" long. Gonna be awfully small without the stock.

Edited by TK5492
  • Like 2

It may be rubies yes but I like the idea of having a secondary blaster to take to troops with big numbers of kids. That way if something happens I don't have to worry about it and don't mind handing it around.

On 9/12/2015 at 6:28 AM, charlesnarles said:

Full costume on Amazon shows its scale. Is it me or does it look too small? ------------

It's not just you... this Rubies version is essentially kid-sized (here's a pic of kids holding it). It's 18" long, give or take, INCLUDING the tactical stock that's (probably permanently) attached.

--------------

For comparison, our E7-11 blaster is 18.5" WITHOUT the tactical stock:

http://i.imgur.com/7HrNtcwl.jpg

So yes, very small. But, as Tyler mentioned, it may still be useful for taking to trooping events involving kids. I just wouldn't try to troop with the actual toy itself-- I have a feeling it will look comically undersized in the hands of even a moderately-sized trooper.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 weeks later...

A Facebook friend of mine just received his Rubies blaster and posted some photos to his FB account. If you compare it side-by-side with the old Hasbro E-11 (which many have improved by installing the DoopyDoos conversion kits), from the front to back (including the butt stock) it is the EXACT. SAME. LENGTH.

It is very much kid sized and looks ridiculous in the hands of a full-sized adult - better to put a couple of coats of silver and black paint on it and hand it to your 8 year old for her Phasma Halloween costume.

• Like 1

A Facebook friend of mine just received his Rubies blaster and posted some photos to his FB account. If you compare it side-by-side with the old Hasbro E-11 (which many have improved by installing the DoopyDoos conversion kits), from the front to back (including the butt stock) it is the EXACT. SAME. LENGTH.

It is very much kid sized and looks ridiculous in the hands of a full-sized adult.

Yep, that's what I assumed (and feared).