Internet Explorer - Can't Cut and Paste

wingnut65

I've been having fits posting on FISD when I use copy/paste for any text or image links.  When I try to post a photo using the 'image' button, I can't paste anything in the pop-up box and then I can't close the box. Cancel or Red X don't work. It is locked and stuck on my screen.  I end up having to close Explorer and lose everything I just typed and then have to start over.

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise (company laptop), Internet Explorer 11 (Version 11.0.22) and Flash Player 18 ActiveX. Security is Microsoft's 'System Center' Endpoint Protection.  I host my pix on Photobucket and have been using it for years, posting on may different forums. Only FISD is giving me issues.  I don't feel it is anything that I am doing differently here, but more like my computer configurations and permissions. Maybe!

To get around this, I have to open Firefox, copy the thread link over and then I have absolutely no problems with posting.  Copy. Paste. Images. Everything works perfectly. 

Yes, I can use Firefox to get around this issue, but my default browser is Explorer and this issue has finally bugged me long enough that I need to ask about it.  Uuugghhhh!

It looks like Google Chrome also works for me, but I rarely use it.

Any suggestions or ideas?

There is a little switch in the top left corner of the reply box, I switch off when I want to copy and paste, works for now.

I am so thrilled that it isn't just me!!! 

Daetrin, Never heard of Edge, before now.  Looks like it is included with Windows 10. 

Thanks, gmrhodes, for the info on the switch.  Yes, it will allow me to paste into the document, but it also shades everything else out, including the option for inserting image.  There has to be a better way!