First TK build!

Let the fun begin!<br><br>

Start with marking all parts for trimming with a pencil. Then use some lexan scissors to trim the excess. <br><br>

For the first parts to build I recommend the biceps. They are pretty easy to get right and if you make a mistake they are partially hidden by the shoulder bells.

• Like 2

Thanks!!

From asking around the most common starting point seem to the the arms. Ā I REALLY want to get the bucket done, but probably should wait on that and get used to trimming first.. Ā From what i hear that is the most complex and mistakes are more visible than anywhere else..

Arms. Then legs. Then torso. I did my helmet last. I honed in my cutting and trimming skills on the body pieces. Learned how the abs reacted and how to cut better. That way you can do the helmet more precisely.

Ā 

Best of luck to you

Ā 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That was actually the first thing I did to differentiate the left and right forearms!!

Maybe I am not as completely lost as I thought..

Quick question... how do I tell which is the left or right bicep pieces? Ā I noticed one had an indentation on the inner bicep. Is that left?

Hey Brian and congrats on the MTK!Ā  Its going to be a great time putting this together.Ā  MTK is a great kit.Ā  I started with the shoulder bells because I felt those would be the easiest.Ā  But I would certainly start with the arm pieces.Ā  Keep in mind that the right and left forearms are different and the fit will be different.Ā  The left forearm is more tight then the right so plan for that accordingly.Ā  The bicep with the indentation is going to be the right bicep.Ā  Here is my photo so you can see what they look like but my left bicep was still when the indent was present.Ā  The right bicep is on the left side of the picture.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_9493.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a few weeks and progress is slow going.. But i do have the arm pieces and the thighs done!!

Ā 

After many screw-ups, and a few references back to David's post about making the "goop" i finally feel a bit more comfortable working on the armor.. it's tough to get over that 'There is no screw-ups allowed' mentality. heh.

Ā 

Will post pics of updated armor pieces soon..

• 3 weeks later...