WhiteRoseSwampys RS Stunt Build

So, my wait is finally over and two brown boxes from the lovely people at RS have just arrived.

Funny how a couple of boxes of ABS can make you so happy!

Time to lock myself in the garage and get building now then I suppose, pictures to follow...........

Looks like the school holidays aren't going to let me start building until tonight so for now here's a few pictures of what I've done while waiting for my armour:

My boots, before and after

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah67/WhiteRoseSwampy/TK%20WIP/20150325_170555_zpsb5qe9amh.jpg

My doopys build

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah67/WhiteRoseSwampy/TK%20WIP/IMG_20150722_155028_zpsxmngslni.jpg

And my holster (thanks to Gazmosis)

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah67/WhiteRoseSwampy/TK%20WIP/20150319_160945_zpsum9f6ukb.jpg

Had a bit of time to do a few bits

TD tackled first

20150723_122522_zpsh6qm1vjh.jpg

Then had a bash at the bucket

20150723_203340_zpsvfkji8ax.jpg

Don't think my wife is too impressed with the trail of white dust I'm leaving around the house though!

Today I learned that the best way to practice holding your breath is to paint a stormtrooper helmet!

While the paint is drying I started the forearms.

I've rough trimmed them but I'm wondering if it's normal to have very little wrist movement or do I just have really short forearms?

I've trimmed a few mm off the wrist end but not sure how far to take it back?

20150724_130857_zpsnxk5cfib.jpg

20150724_130831_zpsms01ictm.jpg

You can trim the inside edge of the forearm (opposite side from the ladder detail) and cut out a crescent moon shape, to give your wrist more mobility.

Had a day off yesterday but got cracking again today.

Rough trimmed the arm pieces. I still need to look at the forearm/wrist problem and some crazy alignment issues on the biceps.

20150725_203653_zpsm5z7srx3.jpg

Carried on working on the helmet too

20150725_200733_zps8f8xrdcg.jpg

20150725_205734_zpsva11ve6i.jpg

Coming along nicely. 

Have you done all the rough assembly on the helmet? Usually that's done before the paint so that any work you do doesn't scratch up your paint job.

Coming along nicely.

Have you done all the rough assembly on the helmet? Usually that's done before the paint so that any work you do doesn't scratch up your paint job.

That did occur to me as I was finishing painting, think I was too eager to get some colour on there. I ended up covering up the painted areas with masking tape during the helmet assembly.
  • Like 1

Looks like the tape protected the paint.

Your helmet turned out quite well, Pete. Nothing jumps out at me that would prevent it from passing. 

• Like 1

Hey Pete looking at your bucket, excellent build sir  :jc_doublethumbup:

On another note, your tube stripes appear to be a bit on the low side, they're to be a #2 pencil width from the cheek. With that said, if you're shooting for Centurion you might want to consider contacting gazmosis as get his opinion on if he would want them repositioned.

whiterose2.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

Hey Pete looking at your bucket, excellent build sir  :jc_doublethumbup:

On another note, your tube stripes appear to be a bit on the low side, they're to be a #2 pencil width from the cheek. With that said, if you're shooting for Centurion you might want to consider contacting gazmosis as get his opinion on if he would want them repositioned.

whiterose2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Tony.

Centurion is my final goal so I'll have a look at those tube stripes

Busy few evenings over the last couple of days.

Belt is complete.

Lens material arrived from RS so got that fitted and sorted the padding out, think that's the helmet pretty much done.

Last bits of glue should be dried on the arm pieces by tomorrow then I can get going on the legs.

The thighs are rough trimmed, just trying to find the best alignment for the wonky right one, and the shins are rough trimmed too.

Made up a ton of snap plates and started on strapping up the torso.

No pictures though I'm afraid, having problems with photobucket at the minute.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised I've been so caught up in my build that I've forgotten to post updates.

So here's a few pictures of what I've been up to this month............

20150730_092257_zpsxpmygxe1_edit_1438244

20150817_153547_zpsk4vmhjrh.jpg

20150817_153726_zpsvjef5sjz.jpg

20150817_153815_zpswqb0crgf.jpg

20150819_062733_zpsznslfqbr.jpg

And thanks to the help from UKG armourers these are the pictures I submitted to the Garrison today for clearance.......

20150820_155742_zpsluco4vxg.jpg

20150820_155839_zpsggad9see.jpg

20150819_162102_zps5wix8v8g.jpg

20150819_161724_zpszmziwmns.jpg

20150819_161152_zpsigmcas9h.jpg

What a month!

• Like 1