Am I doomed?

I recently found a crack on the return edge of the chest plate, center of the neck area. I think this happened because i had placed the entire armor assembly on a hanger for a period of time. It put too much stress on the chest plate I am guessing and hence it cracked. It is RS PVC . Can this be somewhat repaired, stopped from cracking further or am I doomed? New chest plate recommended?

Edited by Bulldog44

Easy fix with some epoxy on the inside or whatever you want. But you might want to remove some of that agressive return around your throat as that's not really needed and will only keep cracking as long as you have that much of it. More return = more cracks.

• Like 3

Thanks Mathias. I will remove more of that return edge . The crack goes very close to the edge so I am afraid I can't stop it 100%. Appreciate your advice! Cheers!

• Like 2

I had the same exact thing happen, Brian.  Like Mathias said, I trimmed back the return edge, and I also glue a 1/2 in by 1 inch piece of ABS on the inside, right behind the crack.  No problems since!

• Like 2

I had the same exact thing happen, Brian.  Like Mathias said, I trimmed back the return edge, and I also glue a 1/2 in by 1 inch piece of ABS on the inside, right behind the crack.  No problems since!

Thanks Joseph. I trimmed off the neck ridge just past the fracture. I will add that extra backing of plastic as you recommend. Good idea to reinforce that area. Glad to hear it held . I had a heart attack when I found the crack! Hopefully that won't happen again.

• 3 weeks later...