Working ab buttons?

I know it's not screen accurate, but has anyone tried making the ab buttons actually work? I'm sure someone could come up with some really good uses for them, but at the least I was thinking the push to talk feature using the iComm/Aker voice amp could be used on one of the buttons. And some could be set up to play various sounds or music. Any thoughts on this, or would it just be a waste of time (even thought it would be cool to have working buttons)?

I know it's not screen accurate, but has anyone tried making the ab buttons actually work? I'm sure someone could come up with some really good uses for them, but at the least I was thinking the push to talk feature using the iComm/Aker voice amp could be used on one of the buttons. And some could be set up to play various sounds or music. Any thoughts on this, or would it just be a waste of time (even thought it would be cool to have working buttons)?

My only thought is that if you make a button work, it will be a LIVE button. My point is, if you are out trooping and accidentally bump the music button, then you'd better be ready for a dance party regardless of where you are at.

• Like 2

I'm not the tallest trooper in the world so my chest plate rides over my ab buttons (scratching them every bloody troop).  I'd be popping, whizzing and dancing with every movement  :laugh1:

• Like 1

Hah I didn't think about accidentally triggering the buttons. That would get pretty embarrassing after the first couple of times, then everyone would just be annoyed after a while.

Hah I didn't think about accidentally triggering the buttons. That would get pretty embarrassing after the first couple of times, then everyone would just be annoyed after a while.

Occasionally I go Jawa and have sounds on a loop through my Aker.  They go off probably every two or three minutes but after a few hours my husband is ready to kill me :D

if you "fake" the button and place magnetic switches behind and magnet in the glove, then the accidental pressed should be drastically reduced, if not eliminated and you don;t have to mod the armour (too much)

My only thought is that if you make a button work, it will be a LIVE button. My point is, if you are out trooping and accidentally bump the music button, then you'd better be ready for a dance party regardless of where you are at.

Whats wrong with a trooper dance party? haha. Like previously mentioned too, if you're shorter, your chestplate comes down and could bump the button. true. maybe a two button system. you have to hold one other button (possibly the lone blue one) to initiate another press, like to unlock the circuit. or something.

Occasionally I go Jawa and have sounds on a loop through my Aker.  They go off probably every two or three minutes but after a few hours my husband is ready to kill me :D

UTINI !!! haha

The hard part is seeing what button you are pushing.  John Danter put momentary and toggle switches for ears, so you should touch the ear bump and say move your vox from external to cell phone, or turn it off.  I don't know if he makes them any more.

Not as fun, but functional would be as noted the magnetic switch under the glove and I'd suggest forearm.  This way you touch a dimple to make the change, as at least you can always see which button you are pushing.