My first build - ROTJ Trooper

So the undersuit turned up today - confronting. Hello protein shakes and tinned tuna. They were out of stock of all black so sent me ones with some white stitching - I'll colour that out with black Nikko. Will be able to size my arms and legs now.

Try a black fabric marker as it is more permanent than the humble Niko pen.

Also, you will only need to colour the visible bits of white stitching really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've realised I forgot to order the aluminium clips for the TD holder on the belt - I'll have a crack at making them - I now they're thinner than ANH etc - does anyone know the dimensions?

I've realised I forgot to order the aluminium clips for the TD holder on the belt - I'll have a crack at making them - I now they're thinner than ANH etc - does anyone know the dimensions?

I will measure my clips and will upload some photos  later that evening

Photos uploaded:

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/KaNnE86/library/TD%20Stu

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

Gray help thanks mate - I picked up some strips today from the hardware - they had 3mm or 1.6mm thickness - looking at yours I think I'll use the 1.6mm - I've got the other just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great help thanks mate - I picked up some strips today from the hardware - they had 3mm or 1.6mm thickness - looking at yours I think I'll use the 1.6mm - I've got the other just in case.

Edited by Stubacca

Got plenty of other stuff to do mate - maybe I'll get you to throw a blaster kit in with it.

I'm glueing the biceps today - I glued the forearms with the inside overlapping the outer piece due to recent discoveries, so I am wondering if I should do the same with the bicep to keep symmetry - it is hard to see in the reference photo from Sskunky if the biceps are treated the same or not - any thoughts? 

• Like 1

I'm glueing the biceps today - I glued the forearms with the inside overlapping the outer piece due to recent discoveries, so I am wondering if I should do the same with the bicep to keep symmetry - it is hard to see in the reference photo from Sskunky if the biceps are treated the same or not - any thoughts?

I did it inner over outer for the forearms and the biceps
  • Like 1

The rivet holds the strap for the drop box and is fixed directly to the abdomen plate. The rivet goes straight through the plastic ammo section, elastic, webbing and then the abdomen in that order. Make sure you use a washer inside the abdomen plate to keep it secure.

Drop box elastic should be glued to the outside of the inner box.

You can do it any way you want but that is how the original ROTJ armour was :)

• Like 2