My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Decided to unglue my biceps today - after looking at some ROTJ Centurion pics, I thought I'd give it a shot - they cleaned up well, I sanded the glue off and followed up with 800 and 1500 grit wet and dry - I'll buff the edge up to get it looking as new - didn't know how this would end up but I'm glad it came out the way it did.

Yep - I also undid the rivets on the belt - I'm going to rivet the belt and drop boxes to the ab plate as per spec - it's been two steps forward one step back this week - but I feel I needed to get it done right the first time if I'm going to go for EIB or Centurion - patience and slow and steady is not my strong point.

• Like 2

A06C9713-5416-473E-8696-A170F8CE11CF_zpsA8536327-0495-4DCA-A103-A06958EDCE70_zps01802D09-8E22-4FA5-A15E-693893198F28_zps

Ā 

Thought I'd do a test fit with the legs - I need to trim some return off top and bottom - thoughts?

Edited by Stubacca

Hey, can somebody help me out? What size rivets are used on the fabric belt on the back side? Are they a different size than ANH for ROTJ? I'm talking about the visible rivets on the back of the belt, some hold the holster. On the CRL it states "The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws" but what size should the head be?

Hey, can somebody help me out? What size rivets are used on the fabric belt on the back side? Are they a different size than ANH for ROTJ? I'm talking about the visible rivets on the back of the belt, some hold the holster. On the CRL it states "The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws" but what size should the head be?

I used standard rivets A4

08CF8DE4-BFA2-4727-A51A-D85BE26EB99E_zps2F616982-78BD-461F-B78F-B3DBEEEFB136_zps

Biceps pulled apart and re glued with outside overlapping. Some tidying up and buffing needed but relieved the glue didn't kill them.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

282EC653-6409-429E-86C8-EE556D3DAD09_zpsCD918AFA-5E20-44B4-A4F9-558E71BEB1B0_zps thigh fronts glued - outside edge over inside edge. Does this look ok before I glue the backs?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So a couple of posts tonight - first a simple one - any tips on bending the shoulder straps? I don't have a heat gun so was putting them in boiling water to soften them. I noticed them starting to crease a little so I backed off and thought I'd check.

1973FFC6-1C14-40CF-B272-A85473AD7EB8_zps

Now this one - I'm losing my mind. I glued up my shins yesterday Ā - looked sweet, felt good, and then I looked at them closely and noticed they felt a little weird. It felt like they were on the wrong legs which seems to be my undoing - I'm not sure if there is a left and a right but can I get some input? I have pulled them apart which means I'll have to sand the melted residue and try and get it looking good with fine grade paper, or I could trim them. I don't want to trim them yet until I get some input on them - I feel like I have a bit of room in them, but if I can get the seam looking good without having to trim them. FACEPALM.

BE02BD4C-FA9C-47C4-8CB4-A348317A061B_zps

E785E3CA-BB47-4F82-B1B3-7C5B15F9772C_zps

Shins are the same both sides as are the biceps, bells and forearms. there were only 1 set of each on the original suit that was cast.... I hope to rectify this sometime later this year....just mirror the way you glue them on each side. I use a 4mm rivet and yours looks about the right size.....

F5F83078-33C7-41C3-84B7-8812645FA047_zpsEA5D716E-7E81-4A19-87FA-BC9AE2032E0A_zps

Ā 

Before I start to glue strapping - does this fit look right? I am just holding the shoulder bell but just getting an idea of fit -Ā 

• Like 1

Also what glue is used to glue the strapping?

Ā 

Looking good mate :) I used superglue gel to get the strapping glued in place. And I secured them with "Stelmax" I got from Mark

• Like 2