My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Looking good mate :) I used superglue gel to get the strapping glued in place. And I secured them with "Stelmax" I got from Mark

Is that Stelmax1985?

801E0ABC-519C-475E-BD8F-3193C502B59E_zps

Ā 

Just going through my strapping that Mark sent me - just wanted to confirm I'm using them in the right place - the large ones I am ok with - the thinner two with velcro on the end - is this for shoulder bells to attach to shoulder straps?Ā 

The two pictured top right - thighsĀ 

Four pictured bottom centre - arms

the four pictured top left - two for shoulders - one for crotch - if I'm wrong just let me know...

Edited by Stubacca
  • Like 1

Also, is there only one velcro strap on the ab plate to hold it to the kidney plate? I have the diagram and it shows just the one to lock it in on the left side once secured. Just checking.

801E0ABC-519C-475E-BD8F-3193C502B59E_zps

Ā 

Just going through my strapping that Mark sent me - just wanted to confirm I'm using them in the right place - the large ones I am ok with - the thinner two with velcro on the end - is this for shoulder bells to attach to shoulder straps?

Yes to attach the shoulder bells to the bridges Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

Also, is there only one velcro strap on the ab plate to hold it to the kidney plate? I have the diagram and it shows just the one to lock it in on the left side once secured. Just checking.

Yes the lower ab plate will be hold by the belt. I Also was wondering because on the drein sre mentioned 2

Have you bent your shoulder bridges yet?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes with a Industrial blower and than glued some white velcro on it Ć°ÅøĖœā€ 

The two pictured top right - thighs

Four pictured bottom centre - arms

the four pictured top left - two for shoulders - one for crotch - if I'm wrong just let me know...

I did it the same way.
  • Like 1

Yes with a Industrial blower and than glued some white velcro on it

did you get any creases starting to form? I don't have a heat gun so will try hair dryer or boiling water.

Ā 

Ā 

did you get any creases starting to form? I don't have a heat gun so will try hair dryer or boiling water.

Ā 

Ā 

Only some small but only why I cut off to less material of the bridges. After cutting again it worked
  • Like 1

Some progress today - got some strapping done, bent the shoulder straps, and thought I'd start a mini fit up to see how it's going -Ā 

FE0DA20F-BCC9-4E2C-AFED-0EACFA92C8BB_zpsB581982D-A735-42B9-9A9D-F080ACE8849F_zps58C8E313-EFED-40F6-8BA3-E484E5F6324B_zps266197FF-4CC8-4729-808D-F7B483DA1E9B_zps

Looking good.

I stick the shoulder straps in the oven at 170 for about 45 seconds - 1 minute or so. Just keep an eye on and feel if they are softening a bit then band them over a small saucepan.

The strapping seems to differ on armour as does the construction.

Here's another pic to throw the spanner in the works.

D5E44DB0-7755-43DE-A31D-878B10299E35_zps

• Like 2

Stu, you always look like you are about to cry in your photos, don't be sad, you are smashing it Disco :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1