My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Left side is a bit trickier to get right - I've glued the left ear down, and trimmed the right one but have a few gaps here and there - will try glueing and cramping tomorrow.

Hey mate I had the same problem but other way round. Left side fits very well but the right side I had to unglue it today and had to to some more adjustments. I was very pissed today. Now it looks much better and I hope I do not have to unglue it a 2nd time.

And I have to buy some ratchet clamps tomorrow :)

• Like 1

So I've got the ear on - I've had a couple of areas where I have superglue bleed out - is there a tried and true method for buffing or removing the bleed without damaging the abs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with superglue - hard as. It's only a couple of little spots do should be cool.

I went with superglue - hard as. It's only a couple of little spots do should be cool.

Ok than you have to use a chemical solution. But I do not know what you can use. Maybe one of the other guys had some experiences with that.

Btw: What is the name of the glue you are using?

It's a brand called Selleys superglue. Dries quick so I've had to be careful - not too bad I think. The ears were hard for me but now they're on so fingers crossed. I noticed they are a little asymmetrical but don't think you would notice front on.

• Like 1

Thx a lot mate. Seems to be the same superglue I have with the active component ethyl cyanoacrylate (sry working for an chemical company :-P )  I have  Pattex Ultra Gel Matic.

• Like 1

Acetone will soften superglue but not sure you want to be rubbing that on the abs.

I use a liquid solvent for all the abs parts. The only place I use superglue is to hold the internal strapping in place before coating it with stelmax.

BTW don't use superglue on the bubble lenses it will cause the acrylic to fog up.

Edited by sskunky
  • Like 2

Acetone will soften superglue but not sure you want to be rubbing that on the abs.

I use a liquid solvent for all the abs parts. The only place I use superglue is to hold the internal strapping in place before coating it with stelmax.

BTW don't use superglue on the bubble lenses it will cause the acrylic to fog up.

I've got the liquid solvent equivalent that I used for the rest of the bucket - I'll pick up a precision bottle to apply it as it comes with a crappy brush built in the lid - way too messy and prone to mess.

Looking great mate. I Am piss es I killen the 2nd right ear. I will stop with the helmet and go on with the armour. I Will finish the bucket Kater 😢😢😢

• Like 1

You'll get it mate - I had to walk away and give it a day - I'm sure I'll have some challenges with the rest of it!

• Like 1

You'll get it mate - I had to walk away and give it a day - I'm sure I'll have some challenges with the rest of it!

thx... that´s the best way you can handle it. No I have a compulsory break....I need a new ear  :angry:

• Like 1

You'll be the ear master by the end of it

haha.... :) but only with my new master clambs

20150526_194218_zpsuddgrx8w.jpg

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

68DC5B86-FBF0-454B-A8E0-3237C07894C9_zps just wondering how much I should trim off the base before applying the trim?

The hovi mic tips are a tight fit - I haven't tightened them too much for fear of cracking something. Are they supposed to sit flush at the base?

The mic tips are only hard because you added the soaked material to the inside. I have never done this as the originals never did. If you hadn't then you can screw the nut and washer on the inside tight against the mic tip kinda squashing them together. You can't do that as you have a solid area now.

• Like 1

I thought that. I'll have a look at how "stuck" the patches are. Maybe I can get it off. Maybe not.