My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Stu, you always look like you are about to cry in your photos, don't be sad, you are smashing it Disco :dancing-trooper:

Ha - that is my concentration face - I'll make sure I'm packing a grin in the next lot mate

• Like 1

Why do you think there is something different about the strapping or assembly?

Because I've seen different ways of strapping it and different ways of assembly.

Some have inner over outer and visa versa.

I've seen strapping done differently too. The Velcro and elastic strap on the chest plate for starters. That's not on all I've seen. Different thickness elastic in places.

If you look at a number of originals there are differences. Many suits were altered during filming. Not all look the same. There's no point looking at one suit and expecting all to be the same.

The ESB MKII armour did not have the chest strapping like the ROTJ as it was strapped in two halves - top and bottom. Is that what you have seen or something else?

Ā 

I'm genuinely interested as it will be something new I haven't seen before.

It looks like a rivet in the shoulder strap also -

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No rivet presented only affixed with glue and / or velcro Ć°ÅøĖœā€°

Paul is correct.

Ā 

The outdated CRLs need updating to reflect what know to be accurate up to now. It's not right that people are getting judged on their entry using wrong and outed information.....

2D98D624-4770-45C4-BFAE-3908C5C1E8FE_zps9A502878-5CDD-4C54-9E46-75827A5B0B27_zps - Shoulders velcroed in - will put foam in them later but checking gap between shoulder strap and bell. Look close?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good, great. Ā Is there a little grin in your faceĀ  :D

Ha - it was a smirk. I had to take it again as my partner made me laugh the fist time.Ā  :blink:

• Like 1

About bloody time you cracked a smile/smirk, building armour is supposed to be joyous

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really like your shoulder bells! :)

Ā 

In general it looks really good.

Ā 

Just one thing:

The velcro on you back plate is visible and it may cause some problems during approval.

Maybe your back plate wasn't in place or it is too long,

but I would clean it up :D

Ā 

Sent from the shield generator on Endor

I really like your shoulder bells! :)

Ā 

In general it looks really good.

Ā 

Just one thing:

The velcro on you back plate is visible and it may cause some problems during approval.

Maybe your back plate wasn't in place or it is too long,

but I would clean it up :D

Ā 

Sent from the shield generator on Endor

I noticed that - I think I didn't have the straps done up as far as I had when I put them on - they should be hidden once I affix them properly - one thing I'm learning is it's hard to dress yourself!

• Like 1

I'm also going to put snaps on the strap joining the bell to the shoulder strap - I found the velcro will let go if I move too much so will do that later.

• Like 1