Some final questions before I take the plunge

So I just have some questions before I make my purchase.  I have decided to build ANH stunt and buy from RS.  My first question is what material is better? I want to go ABS but just wanted to ask around and see if maybe the PVC was better for some reason.

Second question: They have something called an Accurate Assembly Bundle that includes:

Replica Belt made by Clothears Costumes. Fabric belt made from six layers of fabric, all matched to the original belt. A very faithful replica.

Black rubber gloves with painted latex hand guards. Chemical style black gloves, with detailed finger nail and palm, with rubber latex hand guards bonded to the uppers. 

Screen used style metal torso brackets, for mechanical fix with nuts and bolts. Made to the same dimensions as the brackets used on our original suit. 

Elasticated strapping for torso, to allow the armour to move as the screen used suits

Bifurcated ‘split’ rivets for left hand side torso join and cod piece. 

Replica ’S’ spring snaps for ‘Han Rivet’, belt, cod and shoulder closure with ’S’ Spring snap setting tools or pre set in the studio if applicable

Correct thickness and colours of elastics across the suit, black or white as required

Sewn vintage style snap fastenings for shoulder bell attachment (pre-sewn).

Bonding adhesive for limbs (Stellmax available)

Elastic closure for shins, with accurate hook pre-sewn

Armour under belt, fully adjustable

here is a link to the site as well http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/accurate-assembly-bundle/ 

Just wondering if that is something worth purchasing or should I just buy everything separate?

I also want to go centurion from the start and was wondering if there are any other RS centurions out there that could give any other advice?

personally I would go with the assembly service... it's worth every penny!  PVC is slightly more strong than ABS... it also can be a better bet in the long run.

it takes all the hard and confusing work, and puts it into the hands of master craftsmen!

believe me, it's not easy to build stormtrooper armor

There's nothing more satisfying than wearing the armor you built. Yes, it may take longer and require hard work, but it's worth it!

• Like 1

So for someone that has no experience with this it is sounding like I might want to look into having it built.  If I don't build it myself though won't it not fit properly?

So for someone that has no experience with this it is sounding like I might want to look into having it built. If I don't build it myself though won't it not fit properly?

People that will build your armor will always do it gor your measurements.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just my opinion here, but when building an item like this yourself the ability to maintain the armor over time is easier. The understanding of how it comes together will help with fitting and even transport.

I have found the members here invaluable in support and knowledge. My own brown box is coming soon, but I no longer have a much fear that I did in November.

Having built for you is definitely easier, perhaps read some more build threads before making the final call.

Good luck with your journey, either way. :)

• Like 1

I have built many a kit (FX, AP, ATA, RS) and have trooped many different types of events.

My personal opinion (since I own a set of ABS RS armor). if you plan on trooping a lot... go with the PVC. It holds up better, and is more bendable than the ABS. Don’t get me wrong, the ABS looks fantastic, and is super accurate to the screen used armor, but its not as sturdy as the PVC. 

The ABS armor in the movies was cheap and easily replaceable if it tore. I got mine in ABS for a display mannequin. 

The "accurate" strapping system is great, thats what i got too, but it's up to you how you want to strap it all together. having all the correct rivets ready to go is very handy though. its like a one stop shop.
 :)