Bicep & Shoulder Bell Hooks

I have recently helped two TK get basic 501st approval and after submitting pictures the second submittal a question came up from my garrison GML about the white hooks on the bicep for the inner strap on the shoulder bell. He wants to approve screen accurate armor but from what I have seen LFL did not use the hooks but a strap on the inside of the bicep to shoulder bell that is not visible. If we have the white hooks would it make sense to paint or coat them in black to not be noticeable? Is this addressed in the CRL and we are missing it or at the EIB and Centurion Levels?

• Like 1

Good question!  I am having the same problem with my biceps rotating on me.  Can anyone post a few pics on the best way(s) to attach these?  THANKS!

• 7 years later...

I have 1” elastics with double snaps securing my biceps to shoulder bell and it will still pop off if I am too active. 
I think @revlimiter used more straps and snaps (maybe 3 per arm).  I suspect this would hold more reliably. 

2 minutes ago, Doggydoc said:

I have 1” elastics with double snaps securing my biceps to shoulder bell and it will still pop off if I am too active. 
I think @revlimiter used more straps and snaps (maybe 3 per arm).  I suspect this would hold more reliably. 

Yeah Adam (Rev) definitely went CRAZY with his bell-bicep strapping. I'm sure he'll be eager to post photos, @elscorcho42.

• Like 1

kuzco-yzma.gif

My time to shine :laugh1:

89400-hwt-cent19.jpg

This is the madness going on inside my shoulders. EIGHTEEN snaps per shoulder if you count each individually. 18. A garrison buddy called it a snap fetish.

Starting at the  bottom, the bell-bicep straps are all elastic. You could arguably do this same thing with just the front and back elastic and leave the side piece out, but it just helps pull things back to straight after waiving my arms around. I do that kind of a lot.

But the double snaps keep everything in place, the TON of straps keep everything aligned, and if one pops off, there's still two to hold things up. For some reason, my HTW pack makes one of these lower straps pop off once in a while. Nothing bad happens since there's still two in action.

Up top, the shoulder-to-bridge connection was a huge pain. It was originally a straight strap with double snaps on both ends, but I kept unsnapping the shoulder bell side while trying to get changed into the armor. Apparently my shoulders are really flexible. Building a new strap with four snaps on the shoulder bell side has solved it completely. Even after 5 hours, I only had one of the three snaps come undone and had no idea until I was suiting down.

Overkill means you don't have to worry about things breaking whilst out in public, and that's worth it IMHO.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 3