Buckets

So I am pretty sure I want to go with ANH tk armor. Perhaps its that little boy in me sitting in that theater that was amazed by the troopers. Though I'm finding it unclear as to what bucket I would want. I understand there are differences between the hero and the stunt. However I'm not sure I understand the difference between them.

Hero helmet

Bubble lenses

6 tooth frown

3 rank bumps on ears

4 rivets to hold the holster onto belt

Stunt

Flat lens

8 tooth frown

Four rank bumps on ears

Only 2 rivets attach holster to canvas belt

This just to give you a rough idea, best bet, print out the CRL for both and do your comparison .

This hobby takes time and research, have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far I am, though others I feel sort of like I'm studying for my doctorate thesis.

I guess part of what I don't quite understand is the bumps on the ears. Yes I will have to print many things I'm sure. Thanks for the quick response.

A lot of it depends on if you are going for higher levels, (EIB or Centurion).  For instance, Hero requires that to get to those levels  you need to have green or smoke "bubble" lenses, not flat green like Stunt, have only 2 screws in the ear guard, (3 for stunt) and that the ear bars must have 3 bumps instead of 4, etc.  A big help to me was the Costume Requirements section of the 501st, which you can find a link to at the top of the main page here. 

I was looking through those and was part of the reason for the question because I wasn't catching the difference. I would like to go for centurion, for I do enjoy a challenge.

Here's something you may find helpful... When you need detailed on a particular item, (bucket, for instance), ask someone for a link to a Billhag diagram for it, (but there are also many others).  This guy has amazing, detailed references, and they helped me immensely when I was learning all the different parts and pieces.

• Like 2

And it becomes more difficult ... ;)

Not every vendor is able to supply a hero helmet, if you want to go that route.

So far there are only two, as far as I know.

So you should decide on an armor first and then see if they have a helmet with bubble lenses, six teeth and three bumps on the ear.

The rest of the armor is the same. (Unless you specifically go for a Han Solo replica costume, then different handguards come into play ...) B)

• Like 1

Thanks Joe are there any links here about for the hero?

Bone that too is helpful I've made up my mind so far as the armor just looking for the right type. From what I have been able to gather I fight the proper screen physique, 5'10" and roughly 175-180 lbs.

Thanks Joe are there any links here about for the hero?

Bone that too is helpful I've made up my mind so far as the armor just looking for the right type. From what I have been able to gather I fight the proper screen physique, 5'10" and roughly 175-180 lbs.

\Your best bet is to go into the advanced standards section. Look for EIB/Centurion threads for Stunt and Hero builds. Then look at the helmets to get an idea for what the Hero and Stunts look like.

• Like 2

Yes, keep in mind that both the stunt and the hero version of a TK can become EIB or Centurion status. Its all just preference. What type of look do you prefer. Its all subtle changes on the bucket; for the most part the body armors are similar.

download.jpg

download%201.jpg

download%202.jpg

these are just a couple examples. Hope it helps.

• Like 2

My TK (recently Centurion approved) is a Hero build.  

In order to achieve Stunt approval, I have a different helmet.  I will also need a different belt/holster attachment, and since I have the "alternate" hand guards, I'll need some gloves with standard ones also.

That's the differences in a nutshell.  

Personally, I feel that the Hero helmet is a bit "meaner" looking with the lower brow and the bubble lenses and I feel that the Hero is the way that the sculptors wanted you to see it.  That's why I chose Hero before Stunt.  I will be getting my Stunt build stuff taken care of soon though, and it too will be EIB/Centurion by the time I'm done.   :D

• Like 1

David it does and having the side by side really does help thanks.

Tim that makes sense having separate buckets. I thought there were differences in the armor between EIB and Centurion though?

• Like 1

There are differences from EIB to Centurion, yes.  However, Centurion armor meets/surpasses all EIB requirements, as you must be EIB in order to submit for Centurion.

The differences are in the costume CRLs for Stunt / Hero, so having the three alternate pieces (helmet, belt/holster, gloves) will suffice for both Stunt and Hero all the way up to Centurion.

Does that make sense?

Tim yes and no. I'm getting to see the differences in the buckets. So do you also change out belts? I know they are attached or do you have two separate sets of armor? So you have to go through EIB first to apply for Centurion?

The belts are not so much attached, but clipped on via snaps.

So you can exchange them easily.

And yes, you gotta go through EIB first, before you can apply for centurion.

But honestly, if you aim for centurion straight away from the start and fulfill all requirements for that, EIB is a walkthrough.

Achieving Centurion Status is no rocket science, it just means that your costume is as near as possible to the original ones.

Nevertheless, depending on the armor maker, it can mean doing severe alterations to your suit.

Achieving Centurion Status is no rocket science, it just means that your costume is as near as possible to the original ones.

I would rather say it is as close to an idealised representation of what we see on screen while still being within the 501st regulations. You can get much closer to the original suits than Centurion suggests/allows.