Cutting ATA forearm DIAMETER?

Has anyone tried cutting out the raised cover strip section on the right forearm to make the diameter smaller?

Does this make it too small??

Thanks for the comments!

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Most of the builds I have seen leave the raised section as the minimum strip size, to make the forearms match each other a little heat can be applied to make them more oval, this reduces the width a little

Most of the builds I have seen leave the raised section as the minimum strip size, to make the forearms match each other a little heat can be applied to make them more oval, this reduces the width a little

Thank you for the reply sir!

Yes I did that and the two halves went together easy-peasy.  I still have a LOT of open space at the front and back of the forearm to play with and was wondering if anyone actually cuts away at the red line section shown above to make the diameter smaller.

I understand where you reference the curvature of the arm if the flat area is removed. How to make a flat to then glue the cover strip onto.

Edited by russellr2d2

I don't see that working too well.  You'd probably have to cut off a bit more than just that raised area you have marked in red.  The cover-strips  might not lay correctly without the flat raised section, and might make gluing difficult. The right forearm is just gonna be a little bit bigger.  It's just the way the mold was made. No biggie. :duim:     

Edited by RainTrooper

I cut mine down because the forearm were to big. Then i just made a new return edge and then glued a 15mm strip in and all done. I think it looks much better than having it way to big on my forearms. I just used a little bit of heat and bent them down with some pliers that i sanded the ends down to make the teeth flat. I don't think you can even notice even if i showed you in person.

R8KdhcI.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I also removed those ridges so it fits snug on my forearm, there's no reason to have a large roomy forearm when those ridges aren't necessary. 

15207971074_104daab24e_c.jpg

• Like 1

I also removed those ridges so it fits snug on my forearm, there's no reason to have a large roomy forearm when those ridges aren't necessary. 

How did you re-join the cut edges and make a flat area for the cover strip?

Thanks for the advice.

Keep in mind guys that if you are to remove these ridges, it should only be on the underside of the forearms. The tops of the originals HAD the raised cover strip "stage".  

I cut both top and bottom and i made a new raised edge on both, it would be impossible to glue the two side together without the raised edge. i would only do this if the forearm fits way to big and you have smaller arms.

Thanks all!

I think i will finish up the armor complete and then judge if I really need to cut out the bottom raised section. On the big right arm only.

Thanks!

On my ATA right forearm, I also cut one of the bottom raised sections and used a heat sealing iron to create a new flat section to butt against the other non-touched side and for the cover strip. Worked great.

I ended up doing the SAME thing for my right AM 2.0 forearm

On my ATA right forearm, I also cut one of the bottom raised sections and used a heat sealing iron to create a new flat section to butt against the other non-touched side and for the cover strip. Worked great.