HWT magazine pouch filler?

justjoseph63

Hi!  I have a question hopefully someone can help with...  I am wondering what the best thing to "fill out" the magazine pouches would be.  I purchased the canvas ones, but they are pretty flat looking.  Yes, the best thing would be actual magazines, but I am on a budget.  Any suggestions would be really appreciated. 

On a side note, any close up photos of the pouches being worn would be great as a reference.  Many thanks!

I didn't have any foam handy so just laid out some cardboard, measured the sides then folded and held together with tape, fits in snugly

I used insulated siding just because I had it laying around. Cut to length and duct tapped the ends. Went ahead and made some extras for future pouches. They have a good weight and look good.

post-21484-0-33028800-1424518396_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just in front of your left shoulder between your breast plate and shoulder bell.

Strapping, I installed a female snap on the upper, center, back section of my pouch. I then took a 3" piece of black elastic and looped it around the shoulder bell to shoulder strap elastic, finally bringing two ends together with a male snap that connects to the shoulder pouch snap.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I actually ended up using 10 inch sections of 1x2 pine board.  I spray-painted them black, and used electrical tape on the top 2 inches to "dress it up" a bit.  To be honest, the weight is next to nothing, and they fit perfectly!  I also used Tony's (ukswrath) method to attach the shoulder pouch, and it worked like a charm!