Narrow Shoulder Bells Issue

Ever since I've had AP, the Shoulder Bells have tended to pop out. Making a huge gap between the Chest Plate & Shoulder Bells. Ive made my snaps the closest I can get to the shoulder bells to the Shoulder bridges as well. Has anyone had this issue with AP. Its built for a skinny trooper, although I have wide shoulders. Is there a possibility to get bigger bells from another kit, having the same color ABS?

thanks

brenton

This is a pic of my armor on a mannequin, I adjusted it the best I could to shorten the gap. And the pic below it is on a troop.

d0GaXrI.jpg

Hz4RJDF.jpg

Have you tried to locate the top bell strap further forward where it attaches to the bridge ?

This will bring them a little forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the whole trick is to set them just a tad forward on the interior strapping, and to position the biceps and forearms connections

so everything rotates forward just ever so slightly.

they actually look very accurate

An easy fix for me : I attached the 2 shoulder bells together with snaps and elastic, behind my neck, and to maintain them at the right position I snapped the elastic under the shoulder strap. This way they are always at the right place.

Before I had your problem, I tried to shorten the elastic between the shoulder bell and the shoulder strap, but the only thing it did was to pull too much the shoulder strap. Now they stick very close to the chest plate and near the shoulder straps.

Edited by Spycee

Have you tried to locate the top bell strap further forward where it attaches to the bridge ?

This will bring them a little forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive done that. Moved it forward and still a gap man

An easy fix for me : I attached the 2 shoulder bells together with snaps and elastic, behind my neck, and to maintain them at the right position I snapped the elastic under the shoulder strap. This way they are always at the right place.

could you show me pics of your armor, Alex?

Here's a picture of me in action with my AP :

w3a4vO7l.jpg

Not sure if I have very wide shoulders, 5'11" / 180lb, but they don't move a lot.

Edited by Spycee

The real issue is not the shoulder bells but the chest plate. As with all ROTJ lineage armour it's quite a bit narrower than original ANH armour. You kind of have to live with it. Not so noticeable if you're skinny but I don't see how any amount of shoulder bell adjustment will make a difference.

Here's how I attached my shoulders.  The 2 shoulder bells are attached together, and also attached to the white shoulder straps so they won't move at all.  It made a huge difference for me for the distance between shoulder strap and the position of the shoulder bell vs the chest plate.  You can try it, maybe it can help you too.

7tCqfOVl.jpg