Star Wars Weekends

D-MAC

Hi Guys i was just wondering are any of you trooping at MGM Studios in June the family and i will be there, hopefully i'l get to Troop there one day myself.

I'l be meeting a friend while i'm there TD 5735 Scott Headrick from the Florida Garrison.

So i was hopeing to meet some of you.

BTW does anyone know what Stars will be attending

My girlfriend and I will be attending the 2nd weekend of Star Wars Weekends this year :D . This will be my first time participating, and I don't even know how many times she has participated!

Here is a link of rumored guests:

--------------

It lists Warwick Davis, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Matthew Wood and Jeremy Bulloch. There are some confirmations on all of these celebrities being present for the events.

There are still other slots open, most notably there are no rumors/confirmations about who will be there for the 1st weekend...

I am really looking forward to this! Now if Weird Al will only decide that he wants the 501st Stormtroopers on stage with him again (when he finishes up his tour this Summer)...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I put up a poll a while ago, and I believe there are several FISD troopers heading down for the first weekend. I will be procuring a rental hose for the weekend, and we will be planning to split the costs.

Anyone who is interested, please watch as I will resurrect the long dormant thread with new details and house specifics hopefully before the week is out.

It would be great to see a ton of out of town FISD members at a SWW event.

:trooper:

I'm going the last week of Star Wars weekend, but although I think I will have my armor done by then I'm a little scared to fly it down.

has anyone transported armor lately? I envision me taking off and looking down at a baggage checker driving his little baggage cart off while wearing a full set of my armor :(

Whats an off duty Stormtrooper wear as far as Imp uni? color?

maybe I will look into getting a uniform made by then to wear.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I feel I have to ask it. What involvement does the 501st have with Disney weekends? Any? Are you there as normal park guests, just in armor. I just figured that most of the people there in costume would be Disney employees or something related.

Disney does a parade on Fri, Sat, and Sun each Weekend, and if the 501st/Rebel Legion can get at least 40 people to participate, we get to march in the parade. The march lasts about 10 minutes, and you get 2 WDW passes for your effort. So, march all three days, get 6 passes.

Plus you get to see and meet troopers from all over the world.

This is a re-post from the other SWW thread.......

Any active legion members who are interested in participating in this years Star Wars Weekends are encouraged to come over and sign up on the Florida Garrison forums..... <a href="http://fl501st.com/boards/index.php" target="_blank">http://fl501st.com/boards/index.php</a> any and all information pertaining to the four weekends will be posted in the private SWW "members only" forum. Once you sign up on the boards, go to "Usergroups" at the top of your screen and request access to the member’s only forum. You will be required to produce your active legion ID # to gain access to the private forum. You may also want to introduce yourself in our newbie forum, (hint = may speed up the time to process you into the private forums. LOL!!!).

The parade is actually about twenty minutes long, but the two to three hour wait before is always a blast, and a great chance to mingle and get to know other legion members. This year we have troopers coming in from California, Arizona, Nevada, Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan, and that's just to name a few.

During the first and last weekends we always have a mixer dinner, and there is quite a bit of partying going on if that's your thing. LOL!!!

Any way, if you can make it, come on down to Florida. We would love to have you troop with us at our annual super bowl of troops.

Here's a couple of pics from last year's parade.....

5xe397t.jpg

sww2007_01.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just saw a video on Starwars.com about the Star Wars Weekends and they mentioned the 501st involvement and the parade. They even spoke briefly to a member about his helmet setup. Of course, what helmet gets spotlighted, but an FX helmet. I found it amusing and thought I'd share.

Here's a link to the video http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000651.html. CT's should be warned, there is a VERY bad clone joke at the beginning.