Cover strip design

So i've found the sizes of the strips i'm to use (with, length etc.)

But my next question is (and there's bound to be a linkexplaing i've not found) .......Do the strips have to rounded at their corners?

I've seen loads of threads with pics and even the " How to" section but there appears to be mixed pics of either straight cut ends or rounded ones

I appreciate the rounded ends look more aesthetically pleasing but do they HAVE to be like that?

The corners were sometimes cut, and sometimes left square. I guess it's just another good example of the randomness involved during the build of the original armors.

Here's a good example of both ways on one pic (just forget the rivets): gallery_12157_59_29423.jpg

Personally I rounded the corners a little bit, just enough so they are not "sharp", not sure how to say it in english.  

J'ai arrondi les coins juste assez pour ne pas que ca soit "piquant", ca ne pique pas si je passe le doigt dessus, et le linge n'accroche pas dessus.

Personally I rounded the corners a little bit, just enough so they are not "sharp", not sure how to say it in english.

J'ai arrondi les coins juste assez pour ne pas que ca soit "piquant", ca ne pique pas si je passe le doigt dessus, et le linge n'accroche pas dessus.

You rounded off the edges;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Too many options :explodingemotie:  :P

And what about colour hue? Been looking at buying a couple of spare sheets of ABS for those inevitable over confident balls ups and although they're described as "white" the one I did get was not the "white I was hoping for....

Which armour kit do you have?  Best bet if you can, is to contact the armour maker and ask if you can buy a couple of sheets of the ABS they use for pulling their armour parts.  Then at least you will be certain of an exact match :)

I was bought a 2nd hand evilbay JR back in xmas 2013 by the Mrs, bless her, and due to time constraints have been tinkering but not really done much to it until now. I've tried askng but don't really get a proper response. Strangely enough they put me onto you guys on here

I contacted RS who were very helpful and sent me some cut offs (with the strapping kit I ordered) but that too was a slightly different shade

So I guess I'm after a bright white? Any help?

Perhaps take a piece of your armour down to a model shop that sells ABS and then you can colour match it side by side?  I know that Slough Radio Control Models sell small sheets of white ABS.  I've bought it in there myself in the past for other projects.  Are you on the UK Garrison forum too?  Theres lots of great help and info over there too and their armourers are super helpful and awesome too :)  I'm sure you will find the answers you need either here or there :)