Jedisaber's ANH Stunt TK Build

So the day has finally come and I have received my kit in the mail. Ive had the helmet for a while but figured I would wait and do the whole thing at the same time. Nice and slow. Would love to have it done before Celebration next year which I am attending but I'm in no rush.

post-20321-0-00599900-1416611069_thumb.jpg

post-20321-0-21486700-1416611074_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats and your timing couldn't be better. You have enough time to complete your build and get a troop in or two to work out the bite/pinch points. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck! Work slowly an you will be a real live TK before you know it.

Just an hour ago I received an email from ATA works that my kit will be made next week. OHHH boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

If you are going to be serious you should have already bought stuff lol ;) Looking forward to the build

Hmmm.. Better get to reading up :). Think of return edge as the "lip" on all of your armor pieces.. It adds depth to your armor in certain places. Some places you want it- chest, ab, back plate.. Some you do not- forearms, shins...

I have been reading for months and months, just no one explains it. Everyone just says return edge. So its basically if another piece overlaps it. Like on the forearms and shins the strip you will use for the butt joint will be the same length as the plastic underneath? Flush on the end?

Not really - if ya look at your armor (having not been trimmed yet) there should be a 90• degree bend on some of the armor. Look at the bottom of the chest plate for example - were it turns in- that's the return. Here's a pic--

Alright, finally got off my butt and finished the garage clean up. A week ago this whole corner was covered with boxes. Put up the cork and pegboard, threw a track light at the top, put some extra carpet on top of the counter so as not to scratch my armor during the build, and organized a whole mess of tools. Final product is a pretty nice work area.

IMG_4841.jpg

I was aally quite terrified to make my first cut into my armor. I have decided to focus on the bucket first in case i can't finish my build by Star Wars Celebration in April. I was actually quite terrified to make my first cut into my armor. This counts right?

IMG_4844.jpg

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Was a little uneasy about trimming so I probably didn't take off as much as I should have.

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

Didnt get much time in the garage today but I have a little more confidence now. Will put up some more picts tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 2

Not much progress but its something... moving along...

Just marked the lines on the eyes and dremelled away!

IMG_4847.jpg

Dremel skills aren't that precise so i just took out the middle and score/snap the rest.

IMG_4848.jpg

Eyes finished! Teeth are next and I've got a bad feeling about this.

IMG_4850.jpg

Use the reference pics from the "photo references" available as your guide. Draw out on the parts with pencil. Then, if you want, you can use a good quality masking tape. Trooperbay offers some templates.

So i got to do some work in the garage, besides more ear trimming, which i forgot to take pictures of, i got started on the teeth. See below but I feel like they aren't the same size on both sides of the AT helmet, and I don't want to file more because there isn't much left for depth on the right.

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

Edited by Jedisaber