STAR WARS e-11 sells for over 38k!

TK bondservnt

NUTS!!!

"Buried deep in storage at the original armorer, Bapty & Co."?  How is that even POSSIBLE after 37 years?  Saving it for retirement?

"When discovered, all of the weapons (does this mean there are more?) were sadly missing their external components.  The blasters were carefully restored to the way they looked on screen by adding replacements for the M38 scope, the scope rail, the barrel ribs, the cylinders and the Hengstler counter box."

This is a replica with an original base and some documentation (I question if it's even possible to authenticate as screen-used?).

Cylinders look wrong (no notches in the sides of an 'E' shape / not weathered / no nuts and bolts), counter looks wrong (4-digits) and there's no D-ring.

Wouldn't even pass EIB!

I'd take any replica blaster built here before paying that kind of money for something with a questionable history and poorly chosen replacement parts.

Edited by usaeatt2
  • Like 2

the bapty is very well known. people actually make replicas of these Aaron!

Lee malone also has one of these, and he let me have photos

Try these links.  I created this website for the e-11 and your blaster will soon be featured in it.

BAPTY e-11 article

Screen used e-11

http://bondservnt.wix.com/the-e-11-blaster

e-11website_zps4a8a7f4f.jpg

the bapty is very well known. people actually make replicas of these Aaron!

Lee malone also has one of these, and he let me have photos

Try these links.  I created this website for the e-11 and your blaster will soon be featured in it.

I'm well aware of the Bapty, especially since you sold me the original scope from Lee's Bapty, but I'm saying the replacement parts don't look correct.

If somebody on the FISD made this, people would be critiquing it to bits!

And how do we know this wasn't a reject that didn't make the grade for the film and somebody threw it in a closet, er, "deep in storage"?

My blaster?  On your E-11 website?  That's an unexpected honor!

the photos show your actual scope on his blaster! hehehe

read the fine print. this is a RECREATED prop using bapty parts only.

everything else is counter/scope and mocked up non original parts

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I'm well aware of the Bapty, especially since you sold me the original scope from Lee's Bapty, but I'm saying the replacement parts don't look correct.

If somebody on the FISD made this, people would be critiquing it to bits!

And how do we know this wasn't a reject that didn't make the grade for the film and somebody threw it in a closet, er, "deep in storage"?

My blaster?  On your E-11 website?  That's an unexpected honor!

I liked the fine print.... It basically put them off the hook.

When discovered, all of the weapons sadly were missing their external components. The blasters were carefully restored to the way they looked on screen by adding replacements for the M38 scope, the scope rail, the barrel ribs, the cylinders, and the Hengstler counter box.

AKA... this was in a closet... if it was used, we don't know... but we have added parts and now are 38k richer.

some person has the original billet and aluminum cast. lee has it.  I actually asked him if he would cast it and release it to the world.

lee has it and I want replicas in aluminum

They can keep their "bapty" whatever. If I had one and let someone see it and they didn't know what Bapty was, they would say, " what the hell is this?" It was just one more example of the practical, yet somewhat insulting, lack of detail that went into the background TK's for a movie that wasn't supposed to make dollar 1.

Once again: "Buy the item, not the story"...... anything that starts off with a story, telling me how it was 'buried deep in storage' makes my hair stand on end. I've heard some many of these tales in the WWII military collecting arena that I can help but question it. 

That being said, I think Gazmosis' E-11 build is a helluva lot nicer !!! 

there are several members who have made really accurate replicas of the bapty design.

I like the look of them.

perhaps they should be put into the Stunt Centurion blaster section?

accuracy never hurts.

old BSG series guns were worse than these!

and you should have seen the STAR TREK stunt weapons!

Nice gun! But the Problem is: no one knows if this one was used in ANH.

Take a look to this Picture:

800px-Zardoz_14.jpg

Here are some guns used in the Zardoz movie from 1974. Take a look to the trigger guard....;-) It Looks really close to the Tunisia blaster so i would say that Bapty&Co. also produced the guns for the Zardoz movie and took some Sterlings out of the box 2 years later and made some modifications for Lucas. After the ANH plot Lucas send them back to Bapty and they removed the modifications and put them back....mixed with other sterlings.

For me it is not clear that the 39k blaster is a ANH-used one....but the Body is a movie used one (just the Body and the grip!)...

The plot thickens!

the star wars name can be used in many forms... but the aluminum billet is the question folks... let is not run too quikly into ruin.

BAPTY CREATED THE ORIGINALS WITH CARL   BAPTY IS STAR WARS

as these have been sold to individual prop collectors

there are several tells that show the difference between regular sterlings and e-11