Adam's AM 2.0 Build Thread

Hey Guys,

I got my finally got my kit! I have loved Star Wars since I was a little kid and cant wait to become part of the 501st family.

Opened it up, sorted all the parts (which that in itself is a chore), and wanted to curl up into a ball on the floor.

I could really use some help with this whole process. I have read a ton of threads, viewed a lot of references, and feel like I know what I need to do; but its my first time taking on a project like this and I dont really want to screw it up.

I started on the biceps like most ppl had recommended. Here are some photos

post-21369-0-80834700-1414463202_thumb.jpg

post-21369-0-26982200-1414463216_thumb.jpg

Theyre both pretty even, just super loose. I'm not sure how a good fit is supposed to fit? 

I'm a skinny guy, 5'11, 150lbs.. and I dont want it to look super big or super tight, just screen accurate.

post-21369-0-41624400-1414463424_thumb.png

I also started trimming the forearms, but want to square away the biceps before I do anything.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Also, you can get rid of the return edge on the tops of the biceps, and trim down the return on the bottom about half way. It will give a better fit if you do that. Also, when fitting the armor, be sure to wear your under suit when fitting, it helps more than ya think.

When i was doing my build, I lost sight of the correlation of how the armor would fit in its entirety and almost lost my mind lol. Once everythings assembled, it will be easier to see how everything fits your body better.

Im a skinner dude as well, had to so a LOT of trimming on my AM kit, but it was well worth it, and made me enjoy my armor even more when it was said and done.

Dont hesitate to ask questions, thats what we are here for!

Congrats on your first step to the 501st!

• Like 1

Hey Guys, 

Thanks for all the feedback.

After trying on the biceps more i decided to re-trim them and i feel they came out perfect! not too lose with a lil breathing room and nothing poking me. I know I should be trying it on with the underarmor, but I havent found a good one yet, so I just used a really thick baseball tee for a gauge.

I trimmed up the forearms as well, but I wanted to get some feedback before gluing anything this time, redoing those biceps was not fun.

(I did do a little gluing. In the photo my right front bicep is glued, and so is the back left.)

They are falling down a bit in the pic cuz they're not all strapped up (and could use a little padding inside to keep em centered) but it seems like itll be good when they are. I have a good range of movement with my arms.

Any feed back would be appreciated :)

Sorry if the photo is all small. im having trouble with the photo loader too haha

post-21369-0-39771300-1414633714_thumb.jpg

Edited by idontgiveADAM

For the pics, upload them to photobucket or flickr, you can edit them there and post them here.

can you take closer pics? the forearm looks like it could use a bit more trimming, can't really tell on the biceps though.  

Don't worry about the strapping, that will come in due time.

• Like 1

Hey!

Finally getting around to updating this. 

Feeling like im making some decent strides considering my work schedule.

Went to Comikaze this weekend; saw and met some 501st people in person which totally rejuvenated me to get my build on!

Only thing thats slowing me down is limited work space, clamps/magnets, and time after work.

Here are some photos of my progress:

Finished Biceps and Forearms just need to glue backside of 1 forearm:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/Adam_Friedlander/image2_zpsc414e430.jpg

Shins trimmed and taped, Im gluing the front strips cuz it has to be a certain size, which I feel will help me get an idea if I need to trim more off the back

Im skinny, but I have pretty big calves so Im starting with extra meat and gunna trim down from there:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/Adam_Friedlander/image3_zpsd2a7f7b7.jpg

Just finished trimming the thighs and as I was doing it, I realized Im feeling more and more confident in what im doing as I go along.

Feeling good about the thigh size. Thought this would be difficult but it was pretty easy :)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/Adam_Friedlander/image1_zps22646883.jpg

I welcome any feedback!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I updated my thread, but I've made some decent progress.

Arms are almost completely done, just waiting to strap them up until I finish everything else.

Legs are all cut (shins complete), strips have ben cut - just waiting for an armor party in december for some feedback before I proceed with some stuff.

Trying to prep as much as I can so I can go and get some insight from fellow troopers in person.

I want to keep going on trimming down the body pieces, but any feedback would be nice.

Im a pretty skinny guy and I have been having to trim a ton off my AM kit.

Here are some photos..

I trimmed the top chest and back plates down to a size I feel fits me well, just need to get the kidney plate, butt plate, and ab plate trimmed down.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to trim to size, I'd really appreciate it.

What return edges stay? which ones have to go?

IMG_0001_zpsf4c92e7a.jpg

Should I split the ab plate in 2?

IMG_0002_zps7a38c1e5.jpg

I also primed the inside of my bucket :)

IMG_0003_zps84982792.jpg

IMG_0005_zps3430dfb9.jpg

Yes, have someone tape parts to you and you'll start to see where things need to get trimmed to fit your body.I started w the ab and kidney since I knew the tops of those lined up. And pretty much all the return edges of those parts pictured can stay (but trim them down if it's uncomfortable).

• 2 months later...

I apologize for not updating my thread, but my build did go on and I have submitted for 501st basic approval.

I found a lot of help from a facebook group specifically for my local garrison.

Here are my submission photos..

1_zpsi3opfehf.png

2_zpsafelxr5q.png

3_zpsmupkz4wa.jpg

4_zpsglob3mco.png

5_zpszplalngb.jpg

6_zpswyc5aecw.jpg

• Like 1