Cod_amp_Butt_Plate_TK-25577.jpg

Armor_Interior_Strapping_TK-25577.jpg

IMG_07811.jpg

Helmet_Front_TK25577.jpg

Helmet_Right_Side_TK-25577-1.jpg

Helmet_Left_Side_TK-25577.jpg

Helmet_Back_TK-25577.jpg

Helmet_Lens_Color_TK-25577-1.jpg

Neck_Seal_TK-25577.jpgThermal_Detonator_TK-25577.jpgThermal_Detonator_Back_Vertical_TK-25577

Holster_Attachment_TK-25577.jpg

Blaster_Left_TK-25577.jpg

Blaster_Right_TK25577.jpgBlaster_Back_TK25577.jpg

Action_Shot_1_TK-25577.jpg

Thanks for your consideration!

Edited by Sheik Yerbouti

Hi Brent, armour is looking great, but if I may make a suggestion regarding your thigh ammo belt.

It seems you have quite a bit of material left along the top and bottom of this piece, most I have seen, have this trimmed closer to the ammo boxes. Also the rivets look central to the ends, they should be in the top corners, attaching the belt to the thigh.

Check the CRL link below. These things may affect your application, but please wait until Steve has had a look and made his comments

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Good luck with your application.

Hey Brent:

A very interesting combination pairing TM armor with an RS lid. Hey...best of both worlds, I guess!!! 

Anyway, thank you for your application for Expert infantry, Let's take a look at your armor.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

There is only one photo that is missing from the list and that is a close-up of your hovi tips. I know that RS doesn't supply bad tips but it's part of the process so if you can take and add that to the helmet section of your application  it would be great. Thank you!. That, however, is not my concern. What IS my concern is the sniper plate on your left shin. Although a challenge, sniper knees are able to be wrestled into their proper position which is to follow the ridge t the top of the shin like this:IMG_7349_zpsc5c8b2ef.jpgYour seems to be leaning way far forward off the ridge but maybe it's just the camera angle but more than that, it seems to be attached with a rivet to the shin. Please provide a close-up shot of the top of your left shin to confirm or deny this. If in fact it is attached by a rivet, the rivet will need to be removed, the hole repaired with ABS paste, and the sniper glued into it's proper position. 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This section is for suggestions that work toward the overall final appearance of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will not affect your applications. 

I want to say that you have a great build here. You have a great general fit, your cover strips are proper, and it is built well. If I was to comment on anything, it would be that your forearms look a little big to me. TM forearms can be built to almost a second skin they are that well made. A bit of an opening needs to be left at the wrist for your hand, but even this can be reduced to a squeeze. It makes for a sleek, refined look of your arms. 

The other thing I noticed was the droop in the front of your belt. Your belt should fit tight against the ab and sit at the bottom of or even slightly overlapping the button plates. In this shot:post-12041-0-68770200-1413840512_thumb.jpg It actually looks like it has come detached from your canvas belt. This is something I'd look into tightening up.

Centurion Suggestions:

If a Centurion application is in your future, There is a bit of work that will need to be done before that can be submitted. I'd best start from the top and work down:

1. Move the shoulder bells up slightly to come near if not touch the ribbed shoulder bridges

2. Although your placements are correct, the pop rivets on your left side need to be changed out for domed head split rivets and painted white.

3. You will need to provide a close-up photo to confirm or deny the use of seperate buttons on your ab plate. With the buttons molded into the ab button plate already, separate buttons are never necessary. These haven't been used since the days of the FX armor. 

4. There should be a single split rivet on the bottom of the cod portion of your ab plate as well as two, inner facing male snaps on the crotch area of the butt plate. You can see both clearly on this archive picture.gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

5. As seen in this archive pic:gallery_12157_51_33329.jpgThe control panel of your thermal detonator should touch the tops of the metal belt clips. Your positioning on the main body is perfect, they just need to be moved a bit. If you wanted to add slot head. black screws for accuracy here, you could.

6. Your thigh pack on the lower, right thigh has two issues: First, it needs to be trimmed down above and below the boxes. There should be a minimal amount of belt showing above and below the boxes. Also, the attachment point needs to be in the upper corner of the belt. not the center. This picture will explain both points:IMG_0018_zpsbdec1830.jpgThe cap or speed rivet used should be painted white after installation. A split rivet can also be used here but NOT A POP RIVET!!

Lastly, is your sniper plate on the knee but we will look at that when you post the pic for the above section. 

Every set of armor is a work of art in progress. With a little work, yours will be a masterpiece as well!!

Thanks for the good vibes and the advice Andrew and Steve, and apologies for the delay in responding.

Steve as requested I have inserted a close up picture of the hovi tip, do you need to see both up close or is the one here ok?  

As for the sniper plate it does look like I have some work to do as it is riveted and it looks like my placement certainly could be better.

IMG_07821.jpg

Also just to make sure I am reading you correctly is the sniper plate is currently the only hold up for EIB?  I hope to work on the centurion suggestions...but I know I am quite slow and would like to prioritize the EIB stuff :)

Thanks again!