Stunt vs Hero build?

I have my ATA armor kit and I'm ready to start work on it.  

I've read through the CRL for each, ANH TK Stunt and Hero. They have their differences, mostly in the helmet.  With a little extra work, a Centurion level Hero seems quite doable.  

However, when I looked through the membership rolls for my local Garrison, nearly all the TKs are Stunt.  Like, all but one.  

This can't be a coincidence, can it?  

Is there something about Hero that makes most people do Stunt instead? Am I missing something?

I would say that the bubble lenses is the number one drawback--they can be hard(er) to see through than flat. There are also fewer makers that make 3-tooth frown faceplates and associated ears. Some people also just like the look of the stunt better (and vice versa).

Same for me as above... The bubble lenses are A) harder to see out of and B] aren't as readily available as the flat lenses which, with most makers, are included when you buy your helmet kit. And C) to me, they just kinda look like fish eyes. I prefer the look of the flat lenses much more.  I also don't like the look of the smaller mouth.  It all boils down to personal preference. There's just a little more work needed if you prefer the hero look.     

Edited by RainTrooper
  • Like 2

As you've seen, it all comes down to,personal preference.

I happen to like the look of the bubble lenses, and the low brow, so I went Hero first. I've got a Stunt bucket also, so I'll be working up another belt and submitting Stunt at a later date. The bubble lenses are a bit more difficult to see out of, but only if you're trying to read signs or something like that, and even then, it is a perimeter around your field if vision that is affected.

Regardless of your choice, good luck with your build!!

Thanks everybody. This is great feedback. 

After looking at the helmets, I kinda like the look of stunt better. 

They all got to it before I did...lol. But yes all the above. =]

Ill be doing the stunt now, originally liked the looks of the hero, but after talking to a few guys this weekend at a troop, the hero bucket, has a lot of closet time due to the sight issues.