Petros ANH TK Build

You can feel free to just eyeball the trimming here. It doesn't have to be precise, as your ribbed shoulder straps will cover the gap anyways. Just make sure the back sits flush on your back, and same with the chest. Tape your abdomen armor together on your body when you mark your cuts on the chest armor, that way you can truly see how it will sit on your chest better. My chest plate comes right up to my neck seal.

Basically just have your neck seal on and your abdomen armor on when marking the cut lines. It makes like much easier

You can feel free to just eyeball the trimming here. It doesn't have to be precise, as your ribbed shoulder straps will cover the gap anyways. Just make sure the back sits flush on your back, and same with the chest. Tape your abdomen armor together on your body when you mark your cuts on the chest armor, that way you can truly see how it will sit on your chest better. My chest plate comes right up to my neck seal.

Basically just have your neck seal on and your abdomen armor on when marking the cut lines. It makes like much easier

Thanks Andrew, yes makes sense to have a the parts taped on and neck seal for fitting. Hope to have that up on the forum soon

Hey Peter, look at some of the EIB and Centurion application you will get a good idea on how much to trim, but it looks like a fair bit to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not quite sure, but have seen others use it and then stress because they think they have used the wrong one. I believe you have several button parts in your kit. The originals were glued on to the surface of the belt as per reference photos in the library, so go with the the belt without the recesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a day of getting the many tasks not finished.

Copying the build thread of a guy here "Bids" replicated his arm system, his looks great and he troops comfortably.. so reinvent the wheel.

Here are my shoulder and biceps, about to attach the arms… perhaps at the end of the Band of Brothers distraction at the moment.

bicepampshoulder2_zps4301004d.jpg

bicepampshoulder_zps7b8f578c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI everyone,

I have my Dremel humming in my hand and before i cut the back plate, please give me your thoughts and options.

In the reference picture where I labelled "A", the cut is slanted back.

Where i referenced "B" it is straight down.

Is there a wearing preference for fit and comfort?

IS there a deal breaker for approval which one to use?

thanks everyone pin advance.

674355d1-1073-4e51-a8ea-9a58548c3bc1_zps

Going back to your two belts, use the bottom belt. You have three rivet points ( one in the middle and one on each end. ) however, the dimples in the outer most rivet points are far too close to the boxes. They should be closer to the edge of the belt with the final rivet cover sitting slightly off the edge.

Just be careful with the one we have.  The curved sides on the AM armor are longer than the others.

HI Rick, thanks for that, the forums in Australia are not complimentary to AM back plates, opinion but no assistance.

Thanks for your tip. Did you measure a certain distance in, i just don't want to take off too much?

And iss there a return edge put on the plate after the cut, as there isn't one now?

Going back to your two belts, use the bottom belt. You have three rivet points ( one in the middle and one on each end. ) however, the dimples in the outer most rivet points are far too close to the boxes. They should be closer to the edge of the belt with the final rivet cover sitting slightly off the edge.

Thanks Steve, good timing i hadn't got back to the belt yet, i have been getting my guard cleaned and ready for the Brisbane Supanova coming up.

HI Rick, thanks for that, the forums in Australia are not complimentary to AM back plates, opinion but no assistance.

Thanks for your tip. Did you measure a certain distance in, i just don't want to take off too much?

And iss there a return edge put on the plate after the cut, as there isn't one now?

If you look at the pic's you and Germain posted, the curved sides are high up.  Check ours out:a2d25796-c1d2-49dd-921f-3e707dd78d4a.jpg

I think depending on your size, you may not want to cut to much to where it will take away from its roundness.

I just measured it to my my body, I don't have the exact amount removed because I did it a few times. Mine don't have return edges

If you look at the pic's you and Germain posted, the curved sides are high up.  Check ours out:a2d25796-c1d2-49dd-921f-3e707dd78d4a.jpg

I think depending on your size, you may not want to cut to much to where it will take away from its roundness.

I just measured it to my my body, I don't have the exact amount removed because I did it a few times. Mine don't have return edges

thanks mate, i am going to cut on the conservative side of things as i love your though on don't loss roundness. i can always cut more when i post for final comments from people before lodging.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, i know there has been comment in threads about the angle of the lid, so many threads to go back and find.

okely dokely, the angle on the helmet is not right:

* how do i fix?

* do i fix before finishing ears?

Peter

IMG_1854_zpsf1e3e163.jpg