My DVH-DDay E11 build

I had a box waiting for me at the front door yesterday, just in time for the long weekend. I will post more pictures as I go along, I plan on making this as detailed as I can. This is going to be a blast.

post-21338-0-60159700-1409253267_thumb.jpg

post-21338-0-66539900-1409253281_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this kit comes with predrilled holes and screws. Also following. I may need to order this kit next as I'm not completely jazzed with my doopy build.

The holes to mount the grip and the magazine holder are pre-drilled. For the pieces that have to be glued on I'm going to use E6000 glue

I decided to start with the rear cap. I cleaned it up, sanded it down and ended up the putting in a pin to keep it all centered. The last picture is a dry fit to make sure I liked the way it looked. Then a little E6000 and tape it down to set.

post-21338-0-21031300-1409306138_thumb.jpg

post-21338-0-63255600-1409306152_thumb.jpg

post-21338-0-18166200-1409306191_thumb.jpg

How is the mold? Many bubbles or places you have to fix. Only asking because the Doopys I received both needed much attention before moving forward with the build. Where I saw a build thread on the forums where the cast looked almost perfect? Thinking of trying this kit as well.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are a few places that need to be filled in, but over all I am pleased. I've not worked with a Doopydoo's kit but I expect most kits like this to have a few bad spots. I may take a few of the spots and use them to help with the aging look.

Doopy's are pretty spot on, but a few bubbles in your kit wouldn't be too much of a problem, looking good so far :D

The cap all glued together. And the mounting piece that goes inside it. I drilled out the little dimple in the And I'm going to use that to push a pin to hold the two pieces together.

post-21338-0-79437700-1409397285_thumb.jpg

The cap all glued together. And the mounting piece that goes inside it. I drilled out the little dimple in the And I'm going to use that to push a pin to hold the two pieces together.

Ā 

Hi Sean, great to see your build moving!

Ā 

I will be re attacking my build shortly now that I am back form vacation. I've just got a fast track TK build to work on and I will work on the E11 while I wait for things on the TK.

Ā 

The parts for this small run of kits were cast by DVH himself before he hung up his E11 hat and sold me the molds, and overall I"m pretty happy with the quality of the parts that came out of the molds and the filling requirements if the parts. Like most resin kits there are small pieces to fill in if you like, but I've really noticed that even without filling the minor blemishes you can't tell at the end state since it's a black prop and it's supposed to look a little "rugged"

Ā 

I'll be watching your build as well! You might be able to engineer out a better solution then I do for attaching the parts!

The parts for this small run of kits were cast by DVH himself before he hung up his E11 hat and sold me the molds,Ā 

Ā 

Oh, i didn't know you now own the molds Derrek, i missed that while i was away from the web!! That's a great acquisition, congratulations :). I often feel the envy to order one from you because your kits are awesome, but i really need to stay focus on an other project at the moment...

Edited by The5thHorseman

Oh, i didn't know you know own the molds Derrek, i missed that while i was away from the web!! That's a great acquisition, congratulations :). I often feel the envy to order one from you because your kits are awesome, but i really need to stay focus on an other project at the moment...

Ā 

After the last run Darth Voorhees decided he wanted to focus in other areas, mainly his Fett stuff, so to generate some cash he sold them to me since him and I had been working together for the last year or so with the kits and such.

Ā 

He sold off the original parts a while back to Quartermaster and then the new V2 molds to me a little over a month ago. I haven't had a chance to make any progress on casting but I've got a source for the smooth-on resin here in Europe and hope to do something in the next 30 days with a new run of kits.

Ā 

I think my additions to this kit really make it a great buy, with the Marv tracks, aluminum rail and predrilled aluminum tube with main attachment holes drilled in the tube and parts..... make it worth it :D

I've been working on it for the past couple of days. It's a great break from studying computer technology, and it's been a challenge. All the parts are well done and I'm happy with the way the kits coming. I'm not going to do anything too fancy as this is my first kit. I put together most of the minor assemblies and then I've been painting a thin coat of silver on some of them and then going over it with black. That way in the future if the paint does chip off a little it will look more realistic. The only part that I see I'm going to have to do any definite filling in is with the power cylinder piece. I'll post more pictures when I get the chance, I've been taking them as I've progressed.

I've been working on it for the past couple of days. It's a great break from studying computer technology, and it's been a challenge. All the parts are well done and I'm happy with the way the kits coming. I'm not going to do anything too fancy as this is my first kit. I put together most of the minor assemblies and then I've been painting a thin coat of silver on some of them and then going over it with black. That way in the future if the paint does chip off a little it will look more realistic. The only part that I see I'm going to have to do any definite filling in is with the power cylinder piece. I'll post more pictures when I get the chance, I've been taking them as I've progressed.

Ā 

Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get it together.

I made a mistake, No Lord Vader!!!, (insert choking sound)Ā I won't fail you again. I will have to repaintĀ some of the plastic parts. The paint I used did not stick to the plastic, and when I removed the tape some of it came off. I will make the most of it and let it help with the aging. I have a bunch of pictures and as soon as I get my Photobucket account up I'll post them

I've found out that E6000 doesn't hold very well to the metal pipe, superglue is great though. I am going to have to get a magazine lock and a scope/counter rail before I can finish it. I'll post a picture of what I have soon.

I've found out that E6000 doesn't hold very well to the metal pipe, superglue is great though. I am going to have to get a magazine lock and a scope/counter rail before I can finish it. I'll post a picture of what I have soon.

Ā 

Sean,

Ā 

The way I cut the aluminum rail, there should be enough to cut and bend to attach the counter onto. It will look more like an L shaped bracket vs the ones that look more like a bent T.