Topic Editing Issues

Clamps

I have tried to Edit a few of my topics (troop and fire team troop logs) and when I hit the save button on the edit tool, I get the impression its saving but then it doesnt leave the screen and the changes are not implemented. I then hit the advanced edit tool and I get an error 404 permissions message.

This happened to me using two different browsers (Firefox and Safari (both most current) on Mac OS 10.9.4)

thoughts?

cb

Shoot me (PM, email or here) the URL to the exact post you're trying to edit and I'll log in as you and see what's up.

-Eric

Eric, I'm having the exact same problem.

It is the main post on http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20869-combined-on-going-accessories-listing/ as well as the associated tutorial at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/6-ddays-combined-on-going-accessories-listing/

I'm using Chrome on a Mac with the current update.

Just editing to show, it's not all threads.. for me so far, it's just those 2 specific threads.

Edited by Dday

Hm. F me. It's worked for me chrome on mac too. I was hoping to just tell you dorks to use chrome. 

Stand by while I look into it. 

-Eric

Hm. F me. It's worked for me chrome on mac too. I was hoping to just tell you dorks to use chrome. 

Stand by while I look into it. 

-Eric

I did some experimenting... when I took about 80% of the post out, and submitted the edit, it works.... but does not work with the full post... the problem is now the post had been gutted and I can't get it back. I've made a lot of changes as well that I have saved so it's not lost though.

Edited by Dday

Oh, I also tried it in safari, and in privacy and incognito mode, same problem.

When I try to make a new post with the contents...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.whitearmor.net Port 80

But only when I try to recreate the post.... other normal posts are ok.. it feels like it has to do with the length of the post.

Edited by Dday

Can you guys edit it... flip the switch in the top left corner of the editor an then try to save it?

Problem remains the same after flipping the switch

IIRC we turned off topic title editing for all but staff...

I've never been able to edit the topic title, but it's the body I"m worried about now.

We turned that off too, as in the past when there were some...interesting...conversations, people would flame someone and edit their posts, or worse delete their posts out of spite. Thus people could be jerks, then remove the evidence and claim innocence. Or, maybe they got in a tiff in their local garrison and then started deleting all their helpful build threads. It's happened...

Hmmm, that sounds like my problem just replying to my own build thread. Added text, added links from photobucket and it just sits there "saving post". When I try a different section it says that 404 Not Found error.

Testing editing.

Test 1 - Firefox on llnux. No issues.

Test 2 - Chrome on linux. No issues.

Editing is not turned off for user's posts, btw.

Edited by Locitus

Hmmm, that sounds like my problem just replying to my own build thread. Added text, added links from photobucket and it just sits there "saving post". When I try a different section it says that 404 Not Found error.

Sounds like latency issues. From what I've heard, Aussie internet isn't all that great, and it could happen something times out while you are waiting for the reply.

I haven't been able to edit my accessories post in days. My latency seems to be very low with the board and working fast.

It 100% has to do with the contents/size of the stuff I am posting, in my case.

I tried to paste the contents of the combined on-going accessories listing here..... it stalls out and will not do it. It acts like it is, but never actually works.

Someone PM me an email please, the listing is gone on the forums and I need someone who can edit it to paste in the contents into my post and tutorial so that it's not empty like it is now.

Thanks

Problem remains the same for me. I just tested it, no go.

I'm convinced it has something to do with how much text is in the post. 

When I delete 90% of the text, it edits just fine.

If I create a new post with only the small 10%, it posts great. If I post with the full thing, I get the 404 error.