TT8s AM Armor Build

Ok so you have convinced me the belt is fine. I painted the 6 domed rivets, knee belt rivets, helmet ear screws and fixed the stripes on the rear of the helmet ( too short and wide). All I have left is the resin cast E-11 blaster to build and the thermal detonator. On another note I found one of my Stormtroopers from when I was 5 in a trunk from my childhood and after some searching his blaster too!

imagejpg1_zpsd49890fc.jpg

• Like 2

Some updates! I fixed the helmet stripes and it looks just like the decals.

reightrearhelmet_zpsf92345c2.jpg

Put a taper on the ends of the mouth.....

HelmetFinal1_zps033a02be.jpg

Here is the painted ab buttons and belt I was so worried about.

AbFront_zps21b68c8b.jpg

The painted rivets.....

AbSide2_zpsb56fce05.jpg

The final assembly less the thermal detonator!

TKManikin3_zps7ecf9ba7.jpg

You have done a sensational job Michael, the paint work on your helmet is excellent and the armour looks sharp.

Yeah at first I thought I did but from what I have seen the forearm with the notch is for the left arm. I assume its because the holster is on the left side. I also checked the number of dimples on the outer art of the forearm and they seem to match since they have a different count. Ok so going through pictures I see I have one arm that is not notched and one that is. I assume I can notch the other one so I can bend my arm more and that should be fine. I cant find anything outside of some ROTJ info on the forearms. One arm has 11 dimples and the other 12 so which is which and do they both have notches like the movie?

Edited by TriumphTrooper8

Its a process for all of us. The left arm is considered the firing arm, from what I have been told, it is supposed to have no notch. But it won't hurt to have one on both arms. Different armors will have different features in that aspect

• 2 weeks later...

The arms are fixed! I have a question from the 501st CRL for the ANH stunt centurion requirement of the ab........

"A single split rivet or brad is present on the lower tab of the abdomen armor. Rivet does not need to be functional."

Where is this rivet? Crotch?

Wow more than just a shot. Looks like I need to drill and fill that one in.

Update......... Well my memory is shot! I actually put a male snap on the inside same was the one for the upper right side of the ab for the kidney strap. I have the brass colored split rivet I can paint silver like those on the left side of the ab.

Doesn't matter if it is silver or brass color, I used the Brass split rivet in both my ab joint and crotch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

It was a fun night out! I went to the Halloween night at my kids Celebree daycare. My youngest went as Elsa from Frozen and my Oldest went as Chewbacca. I went in almost full armor! I left the thermal detonator and blaster at home but had the rest on! Now I found out a few things..........

-Driving even without the helmet is not fun!

-People in traffic told me I was not as hansom as those famous star wars fake stormtroopers!

-I got the "may the force be with you" line......that's for those rebel scum!

-I got a lot of pictures taken with kids and even parents!

-My suspenders for the ab and kidney/butt plates need to be crossed so they don't fall off my shoulders.

-I need to take some of the back of the thighs off so I can bend my knees more.

-I have to get the chest plate pulled down more so its about an inch or a little more above the button plate and I can move my head (stumpy neck syndrome)

-Ammo knee belt needs to be fixed on the front so it does not fall down!

-Must get a set of gel inserts for the boots!

That's about it! I was for the most part comfortable and had no issue walking, but seeing was another fun experience! I need to fine tune some things but in the mean time its the cod rivet and send in the pictures and application for approval for this and 501st! Damm it was a fun night!

Awesome mate, approvals are in sight. Now you know why Luke said " I can't see a thing in this helmet". That line was never scripted in the film either, as Mark Hamill says it to Ford after he thought the cameras had stopped rolling. Lucas liked it so much they left it in. Thus ends the trivia lesson for today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well back at it! Put a rivet for the cod. Opened up the two notches on the lower front portion on the kidney plate to 22mm x 22mm. Then because of that had to move the straps over. Plugged some holes in the kidney and ab plates. Need to touch up the ab buttons......scratched to of them. All that is left is the shoulder straps for the ab/butt/kidney plates, pull the chest plate down lower on the ab plate, trim the thighs and fasten the knee ammo belt in place.

• Like 1