TT8s AM Armor Build

Another question........shoulder straps? Can I shorten them since the AM chest plate has a funky raised chest muscle accent edge that keeps the shoulder strap from footing flush unless Iove it back. If I move it back them it hits the OII portion so I will have to shorten it?

Oh - the plastic shoulder bridges.  Gotcha.  I would be hesitant in cutting those.  check to see what some of the other AM builds have done in the past with those.  I don't recall reading about anyone cutting them shorter.

No don't cut them shorter, but you can trim the width down a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I managed to get a better fitting chest and back plate(s). The lines just wont work. I did get my incredibly awesome DLT-19 and my 6 year was all over it! She wants the door poster I got of a stormtrooper too but I need my gear too!

Keira2a_zpsb2ab0c6c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked and looked but I don't see anything between the shin and thigh armor? Besides the thigh being supported by a belt does the the thigh and shin had a strap like the forearm and bicep?

I have looked and looked but I don't see anything between the shin and thigh armor? Besides the thigh being supported by a belt does the the thigh and shin had a strap like the forearm and bicep?

Nope.  The shins are supported by your boots.  I used a piece of velcro on the front of the boot and the inside front of the shin to keep them in place because mine wouldn't sit down around the boot and shifted.  But most people don't use anything.

I too have used Velcro. I sewed the rough part to the tag on the front oh the boot and used industrial soft adhesive backed for the inside of the shin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I decided to surprise my wife with my little secret project. I got my two girls costumes and went about doing a "prisoner transfer". Earlier I posed for my mother in-law and she liked it! I am about 98% complete but have a ton of trimming to do!

photo102_zps3ce028df.jpg

bfb5f237-3b21-4df7-a002-aa1ff929931b_zps

Edited by TriumphTrooper8

So whats left? Trim the thighs that are crushing my crotch area and I cant bend my legs all the way! Paint and glue the ab button plates one. Glue the screw covers on the waist belt. Work on getting the chest plate to sit lower so I can see something out of the darn helmet! Clean up some glue issues and well off to Troop!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I did something that just is stupid! I put the flat buttons covering the ammo belt screws.........I should have used the raised square buttons. Looks like I have to get a new ammo belt unless I shave down some of the raised buttons and use them on a RTJ ammo belt? Is this possible or bite the bullet and use the ANH/ESB belt with the screw recesses?

With your kit, ya shoulda gotten two belts. One with a resessed area for the raised rivet hiders, and another with just pre marked dimples. Just use the other belt ;)

I did use the flat button strips and cut squares out of them and glued them over the recessed squares and I think they are too big. I will post a picture tonight. I am already braces for the possibility of using the other belt and shave the raised square buttons down :(

I was saying it may be best to use those on the other belt. Should have had 2 belts come with your kit. I have extras of the recessed covers if you'd like them. Just pay shipping and their yours

Here is a picture of the gory mess up! I still have the three extra buttons and the raised square ones with the ROJ belt so I can make something work if this is a done broke belt!

belt1_zpsc8d35f96.jpg

Edited by TriumphTrooper8