Legacy Fem Trooper

It is very important to line up the top edge of the sides of the Ab plate with the top of the Kidney plate, don't worry about the bottom edge.

Yes you can add a small rounded edge at the very tip top end of the butt.

The Butt should pas over the towards the ab just like you have shown. Do not cut to it to stop at the kidney.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns
  • Like 1

I cant decide if I should go with those shoes, or get some more "accurate" ones.

I really like the fem thing in this, but I do tend to lean against the elitist way of building armor. But hey. Maybe I should get two pair of boots. One feminie pair and one correct pair :)

As long as it looks good, right :D

OK, so I have a question.  What is the "correct pair?"

The correct pair, would be kindof a crossover between normal TK botts and Clone boots. Gino (Crow 62) makes them. Or you make some yourself.
The un correct, or Fem shoes, are the ones with a very high heel. These are only seen on the GG statue, to help bring out the feminine part of the femtrooper statue.

Yea Val likes the idea of taller shoes. WIth her higher heels and a helmet she is about my height out of costume. We will see what ones work best

We made some small progress this weekend. Didnt get as much done as I wanted as I had to assemble 2 scout helmets for a friend and one for Val.

And for fun, I put my MC helmet on. I think it wouldnt be to bad if she had her shoulder bells, but alas very bobble head like.... Still fun though!

03C9D5E9-E15D-4D9D-96EB-52E3F64B305F_zps

I will most likely have her finished up soon. I have a few problem spots I need to figure out. As seen in the pictures, the back of her shins do not close all the way. The left one will close with velcro but the right... I am not sure at all. Still have to mount the shoulder straps and figure out about the shoulders them selves. Oh well, the joys of a new kit :D

• Like 1

That looks great :D
A shame you didnt tape on the shoulders for the helmet pics. The helmet dont look that much out of place.

But isnt she uncomfortable around the thigh/crotch area? I can see there is still a bit of the return edge/lip left there

And she mixed up her forarms :P hehe

She says she is fine with that return edge. I am worried she is just say thing that to not be a pain or something.

We just threw everthing on for a quick photo. Should have better ones soon

• 2 weeks later...

But isnt she uncomfortable around the thigh/crotch area? I can see there is still a bit of the return edge/lip left there

I'd have to agree with Morten on this one.  It's one thing to wear the armor just for a few minutes for a fitting and be OK with it.  It doesn't pinch just standing there.  It's different when you have to wear for a couple of hours for a troop and that's when edges and lips start to dig in and leave "armor bite."  Might want to start wearing the armor for longer periods of time around the house to truly get a feel if those pieces are going to dig in.  

Great progress, though.  Enjoying watching your build!

I heard today there may be problems getting these Costumes 501st Cleared, the reason is there is a discrepancy between the back armour of the Comic Jes and the GG Jes, the 501st use comic, Book and movie reference as opposed to Busts to get reference for clearing procedures

Now if this is the case and holds true, where does that leave us all ?/

I heard today there may be problems getting these Costumes 501st Cleared, the reason is there is a discrepancy between the back armour of the Comic Jes and the GG Jes, the 501st use comic, Book and movie reference as opposed to Busts to get reference for clearing procedures

Now if this is the case and holds true, where does that leave us all ?/

The legion will come to a decision and what happens, happens. If a back change is required, I am sure that KWdesigns will work with those who have bought the suit and want to submit for approval in this costume to get them the pieces that the legion requires.

I guess they are referring to this back plate

Battle_of_Borosk_%28Legacy_era%29.JPG

I'm already thinking about a way to make this, as it should be farely easy to do, with two sheets of plastic. Simply cut out the squares on the first piece, glue it to the other, and insert them into the back armor, like on KW's clone troopers.

Easy peasy :)

• 2 months later...

How well do they fit her?  I ended up putting a foam layer insole, then a set of nice Superfeet on top of that.  Shan can still slip them off with little issue - but they're "walkable"