Fuumantroop's AM armor build

Congrats welcome to Star! I'm gonna be using this thread when I get my AM armor in. Fingers crossed I won't have that much trimming! I'm 6'5" and 195. I'm dreaming to I know it's gonna be a trimming party at my house.

• Like 1

Thanks Tim! At your height, you can definitely rule out trimming the lengths off of any of the armor components! Should be a little more straight forward for you. Should have my pictures of the first troop uploaded tomorrow or so. Was definitely thankful I installed my helmet fans just in case of approval, as it was an outdoor troop

Tell yourself one thing, if your armor is comfortable and you have no bites, you did something wrong.

Welcome aboard new TK!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys! My Squad Leader was amazed that I had no bite on my forearms lol. Looks like i will have to add some foam to my biceps, they kept twisting, although it was a very minimal twist. If i trimmed them any further i wouldnt have any room to flex. Will also shorten my shoulder bridge to shoulder bell straps just a hair

Thanks Eric! I can't begin to say how awesome my first troop was! I was fortunate enough that it was at a Major League Soccer game as well! I will post pics as they get posted!

It is a process, and no matter how much research you've done, you will always learn something new. I had FISD pulled up for most of my build, mainly for all the subscribed threads I used as references. Best thing I could tell anyone, is don't let the armor overwhelm you. Most mistakes are fixable, but its best to go at a steady pace. This was my first armor build, but it most certainly won't be my last!

Awesome! And congrats on the armor!

Just ordered my Aker 1506 and PTT cable! Now I am stuck debating whether I should replace the chest and back first, get a different makers helmet(ATA, MTK, or AP), or get a pipe build E-11 kit.

See! Your never truly done!

• Like 1

Awesome! And congrats on the armor!

Just ordered my Aker 1506 and PTT cable! Now I am stuck debating whether I should replace the chest and back first, get a different makers helmet(ATA, MTK, or AP), or get a pipe build E-11 kit.

See! Your never truly done!

I bought an Aker as well ... I also added a ICOMM with a PTT cable

Joe

Im still up in the air about the Icomm, looking at replacing the chest and back pieces of the armor before going that route. Unless a good deal on a helmet or a e-11 pipe build come up lol.

• Like 1

Have not gotten to try out the aker just yet, but have been playing around with the placement on the chest. I had it on the left peck at first, but it felt like it anchored my chest plate a bit too much. Going to try mounting it in the middle of the chest tomorrow. I have a memorex wireless set up on the way, along with a set of Karins "authentic line" latex handguards from another Garrison member who did not need them. now i need to pick up another set of gloves to get those glued on! Hoping to pull the trigger on a new chest and back plate soon as well!

This armor certainly is addicting!

Well guys it looks as if this build will somewhat continue!

Perhaps tinkering is the correct term.

I decided to follow some more of pandatroopers advice here by toning down the swoop on my chest plate. After trooping a couple of times, i have come to my own conclusion that the chest plate is just a bit big for me.

Again, it is just a personal conclusion, and I also really wanted to test my skills at the chest mod before trying to pull te trigger on buying a replacement chest and back piece as an "easy fix."

I decided to take 1" off of the sides of the chest, and 1/4" off the middle of it, from the bottom of course. By doing this, I can somewhat replicate a "screen accurate" look.

Here i have marked my measurements

6500D883-E17D-4EE9-BF01-3FA9193E2E01.jpg

And here is my result

0E55766D-BA62-4526-B737-268F4EAF1C03.jpg

NOW that the easy part is over, I went ahead and marked 3/8"s across the bottom of my newly cut chest, to guide me on creating a new return edge.(per pandatroopers thread).

I messed around with a "fashion iron" which is just a small clothing iron with only one low setting, used for attaching iron on patches. Purchased at hobby lobby, from my wifes personal stationary kit(i swear!).

Heres the results after a couple of passes, ran out of time tonight to pretty it up, but this is how it looks before i go at it with my dremel and various grades of sandpaper.

6F6C8ECA-AF67-4529-A4B5-4D1933FFB7F3.jpg

Will be finishing it up in the morning, just in time to have it ready to take it out trick or treating with my son and my nephew

Nice neat job, shouldn't take too much to clean up, and it looks better already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys. And yes i am a perfectionist lol. The more i looked at pandatroopers build, the more inspired and confident I became to cut the chest. Still debating whether or not to cut the arm pit area a bit, will see how long I hold off on it. Ill start cleaning it up here in a few, and heat bend the bottom sides in just a hair probably. Ill see where im at after the return is done with.