Ricks AM Armor

Thanks Everyone!

Andrew - Looking to make it #2 for IEB soon as well. :duim:

Michael - I found out there are a few in our town. 1 is mainly on the GGG forums. Mabe we can all do the kiddy kapers parade next year. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone,

Ok now my quest for EIB.  I'm working on my back plate, it seemed to overlap a great deal at the bottom so what I did was bend the

top left and right flaps a bit  so it could raise the plate without letting it stick out like a cape when everythings attached.

I trimmed out about 1.5 inches at the bottom, and had previously added the snaps inside to attach with the kidney.

Here's what it looked like before

5b123695-d6c4-494f-aff8-f1d22a05ed0d.jpg

Here's what it looks like now

Back

a2d25796-c1d2-49dd-921f-3e707dd78d4a.jpg

Right Side

I also included the snap on the top of kidney  ( I know its mainly for Centurion but i'd rather do it now than later)

5e3e6202-b935-4a80-9a47-8e1ee5b33198.jpg

Left Side

f8864569-ec8a-4486-a65a-ff3c958fad86.jpg

I also trimmed down the top flaps of the chest plate, i'm in the process of gluing back the ribbed shoulder straps back on.

sorry, I forgot to have my wife take a pic.

What do you guys think?  Do I need to do a return edge at the bottom?

Hi Rick, Congratulations on your accomplishment. I too am very new to the 501 experience and am thinking about getting AM armor. Your thread was very informative, and helpful. It was great seeing you go from the very beginning to final approval. I'm looking forward to getting my armor and starting the process. Thanks again.

Back is looking good Rick! I had to heat bend the bottom sides in a bit as they stuck out a bit for me. You could always reshape the chest as well if you'd like:)

Congradulations!  I'm getting my AM next month, and this has been very helpfull with planning. So you can't have the extra holes, but it can be not solid gray so it still makes a sperate tooth, but not the hole? Either way, it looks really good. I noteiced that one some of the pics from the movie the teeth numbers varied.

Ian- thanks, im starting to help my brother with his armor and just looking back to where i started is a good feeling, especially for someone thats never done anything crafty before.

Chris- yea, I left it blank like that because I've seen other helmets that way. I think different helmet makes have the frown dimples different allowing them to paint threw the last dimple.

Andrew - im not quite sure if im going to trim a little more before heat bending, but mine do stick out as well. The chest...Im most certain I will eventually do something to it, it chokes me out sometimes when puting it on, lol

Hey Peter,

To tell you the truth I kinda winged it. Since i'm a tall guy I didn't have to trim the kidney plate like Andrew did.  So pretty much what I did was look at EIB applications to see roughly what I needed to cut off and where the [O II ] box was at (and let me tell you, I seen some with little to no top or side flaps on them).  

I started by looking at my application pictures,  I seen how low it was hanging from the kidney and decided to cut half of that and raise the plate the other amount, for example: The plate was 2 inches below the kidney, I picked up the plate 1 inch and I trimmed it 1 inch.

1f048cef-5178-43ad-8c3e-e7a31edf8592.jpg

Note: doing this, made my plate stick out like superman's cape, so I had to heat bend the top flaps to have it rest properly in order to attach the elastics at the bottom.

efc84936-79f6-4020-a1b6-16d138d175d3.jpg

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

I'm starting to help my brother on his AM armor,  he waited until I finished before he popped out of no where to ask for help.

I need to wait for the weekend to take my application pics :unsure:  though, i've also been looking to find out if the AM ab buttons would allow me to qualify (otherwise im going to "borrow" my brothers :D )

plus I'm also doing a project on my helmet, I'll post a new topic on that by tomorrow. 

Sneak peek

cbc33c4e-0b8e-4880-96dd-78db0d9150ed.jpg

Edited by Starfox2010
  • Like 1

Thanks Germain.

Ok, here's my request for EIB status.  Wish me luck  :icon_beg: !

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29244-tk-12177-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-am/

Or learn from my mistakes :unsure: