It's happening! [*CAP]

I did attempt reshaping the shoulder straps a second time but they seemed to want to set back into their same position. I may heat them up, let them cool in a straight position (while pressing out some kinks in it), then reform then around a round object. We don't drink 2 liters here so i'll have to get my own. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would PM/email your local garrison leader who will be approving your or not, and get his opinion whether they will be ok. I doubt it as everyone I've seen have a nice gentle curve to them.

Oh - when I'm talking about the shoulder straps, I don't mean the ones that wrap around your arm.  There should be a strap that connects the top of your shoulder piece to the strap that connects the front and back plates.  I glued on a snap to the underside of the back-to-chest elastic, then glued a black elastic strip at the top of my shoulders, with the other side having the other snap.  Then the shoulders snap into place.  I don't have any pics of this, but here is a general idea:

10567665085_d0c09f177e_o.jpg

See the snap in the middle there?  That's where the shoulder strap will snap into.

10567738354_4a07c9c178_o.jpg

And in this pic, you can see the strap at the top of the shoulder.  Some people will put a snap plate at the top of the shoulder for that strap, but I glued my straps directly to the shoulder.  Then the snap at the other end of the strap goes to the snap on the underside of the white elastic, which holds your shoulders in place.

You're killing me, Ron. Regardless, the bells were still pretty loose. And i've already cut off the old straps - wasn't too difficult. And it does look like i need to place it about an inch above the bottom. I haven't done any of the shoulder or torso strapping yet as i'm waiting on the 30 piece snap webbing from Redforce. How long should I make the shoulder elastic?

Time for an update that isn't really an update but still sort of is since i've done something that i've been pushing off until now. I installed that pesky s-trim. I'm considering opening up that second bottle of e6000 and putting it back on so it wont just rely on compression to stay on. It made what was already a tight fit tighter but I can still fit my head in. It does however bring up item #2.

IMG_0976.jpg

I emailed Mike from Trooperbay about this but didn't get a response, so i'll ask you guys. I need my head to stay pushed into the petal foam and into the lenses and for it to stay there when I look around for best comfort and visibility. Basically it works best when my face is practically smashed up against the faceplate (eyes in the right spot of course). So I need to figure out where to put this chinstrap to help do that. The side petals by the ears arent glued on and i can lift them up to put the chinstraps under those if need be. My main issue (after installation) now is wondering how im going to fit my hands up into the helmet to snap it in place with that lovely new s-trim there. Here are the pictures I took of the inside to show where it should be placed.

IMG_0951.jpgIMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

I don't have a chin strap, but I probably need one. I have seen some troopers have another person - usually a girl b/c of smaller hands - snap the strap. I think you could put a snap right under your chin so you can snap it yourself, although I've not tried this... but have thought about doing it for my helmet. So, like have the two ends secured on the sides of your bucket, and then connect them in the middle. You could probably use velcro, too instead of a snap. You'll think of something. :)

Alright, so I have a quick and dirty preliminary strapping system set up. How do I get the measurements for the shoulder elastic and cod strap? I'll also probably add a second strap on the right side of the ab to hold it all together.

I had the exact same questions, Christian.

What I found was if you get the ab / kidney / butt / back plate sitting on your body correctly, you can then hold up the chest plate to where you want it to be lined up on the ab plate, and that gives you the size of the gap between the back plate tabs and the front plate tabs.  Then you know how long to make the shoulder elastic.

For the cod strap, it's the same thing.  Once you get all of the top pieces in place, you can play with the length of the cod strap until it's fitting you properly.

I'd suggest putting everything on that you have right now and taking pics from the front, back, and sides.  Then we can see how it's all lining up.  When it's all in position, you'll know how long to make the shoulder elastic and cod strap.

Still waiting on my webbing plates and mic tips, but I finished up my helmet stand today (did the blaster one yesterday). Here they are: 

IMG_0986.jpgIMG_0982.jpg

Diggin the Helmet stand.  Do you mind if I ask where you got it from and how much ?

Thanks,

Daniel

I tried using one of the old chest-ab straps on the cod piece but it makes it tight to the point where I can't really walk when its snapped. I'm going to add another strap or two along the right side to even out the spacing. The butt plate feels a little large. It lines up with the edges of the kidney plates when pressed down, but I dont have any straps doing that currently. I might ad an ab-butt strap to hold down the corners.

IMG_0988.jpgIMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpgIMG_0991.jpg

I'm so close to being done. The ab strapping is basically done. 

To-do:

- Repair thighs and set up with thigh garters.

- Add shoulder strap-shoulder bell elastic

- Probably get some velcro and add it to the back of the shims

- Make the belt

- Get TK boots

Also, what do you use the clean the helmet lenses?

Edited by Grimez

So in the wait time, let's consider some things. To use my ANH Stunt as an HWT I would just need a backpack, pauldron, mp40 pouch, and a bigger gun, right? And then a new helmet, handplates, and holster for an ESB.

Edited by Grimez

Just looked over your thread and it looks good to me so far! i used cap rivets to attach the belt. one side - belt - ammo packs - other side then hammer :) I got mine at hobby lobby. a pack of like 200 haha couldnt get them any smaller.

_KRM6404_zps1b99e71d.jpg

IMG_20140628_153359_zps846e5c13.jpg

_KRM6406_zps32f4289a.jpg

Also, the Bottom of the ears look a little big. may want to trim them down a bit. (wont hold up application but its more screen accurate)

IMG_20140509_152521_zps3f0051f3.jpg