Advice on putting armour on, without the help of others

I have trouble getting the bells and biceps on when the chest is strapped on. So I have done this by following the thighs, shins, boots, ab/kidney order. But then I strapped my bells and biceps to the shoulder straps and put the back plate on while leaning against the wall. Then the chest is strapped on. Awkward, but it worked. I also tend to put my forearms and gloves on after the helmet as its not easy to bend my arms enough to wiggle into my ATA bucket when my forearms are on.

I have a set of TM armor and my routine is as follows:Ā Ā  Thighs, boots, shins, ab-cod-chest-back-butt(all in one piece), belt, TD, shoulder bells, biceps-forearms(again one piece), gloves, helmet, blaster.

Ready for duty!

Thighs, shins, boots, ab, chest, bells, arms, gloves, helmet. In that order.

How bout in a nursery rhyme?

Ā 

Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Thiiiiighs, shins boots and abs - boots and abs. Thiiiighs, shins boots and abs - boots and ab's! Ā Chest and bells and arms and gloooves! Ā  Thiiiiighs, shins boots and ab's - boots and absĀ Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Ć¢ā„¢Ā«

Ā 

Sorry, i'm bored at work.

How bout in a nursery rhyme?

Ā 

Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Thiiiiighs, shins boots and abs - boots and abs. Thiiiighs, shins boots and abs - boots and ab's! Chest and bells and arms and gloooves! Thiiiiighs, shins boots and ab's - boots and abs Ć¢ā„¢Ā«Ć¢ā„¢Ā«

Ā 

Sorry, i'm bored at work.

:duim:

Ā 

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Let's everyone detail how they put their sets on!

Ā 

I start with my neck seal and my thigh belt on, pull the thighs on and snap them into place. Ā Next I put my boots on, then slide the shins on over and secure them in place. Ā My ab is permanently connected to my kidney on my left side, and I keep my butt plate and back plate snapped to the kidney. Ā I wrap those pieces around me and secure the right side of the ab / kidney with two straps. Ā Then I snap my belt into position and pull the belt tight and secure it in the back. Ā If I had my TD finished, this is where I'd put my TD onto the back of my belt.

Ā 

I don't have my shoulders attached to my biceps, so I pull on my shoulders next and snap them into place on the shoulder straps. Ā My shoulder straps are glued to my back plate and snap into my chest plate. Ā After securing the shoulders, I snap the chest plate to the shoulder straps from the back plate on each side, and then snap the straps between the chest and the ab plate. Ā I put my gloves on next, as I don't have permanently attached hand guards, then pull the bicep / forearm combo on. Ā I get the biceps situated nicely under my shoulders and make sure I can bend my arms correctly. Ā  I then slip the hand guards onto my gloves.

Ā 

Final touch is putting on my helmet, and I'm all suited up!

Neckseal, thighs, boots, shins, ab/butt,back/chest/shoulder/bicep combo, belt, TD, gloves, forearms and bucket.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I think it really depends on how your armor is built as to the order of dressing but remember that you'd rarely ever be trooping alone and you should have plenty of help from fellow squad members. We always wander looking for "free hands" to help with a belt, straps, or any other adjustments. Just don't forget to make your neck seal one of the FIRST things to put on as it's a pain once you're fully suited up! Dressing from the ground up is roughly the rule though. Besides... what else are Officers good for!!!

I do it boots, shins, thighs, neck seal, main body, and then the arms all as one. With he adjustments to my AP for the chest and abdomen, I got lucky with the snaps on the inner shoulder straps and being able to attach the shoulder bells to them fairly easy....