E11 Display case

welshchris77

Thanks Ian, yeah if you ever need any advice on routing give me a shout, I'm no expert but I'm learning stuff all the time.

Thanks also Andrew, the router if one of the most useful tools in my workshop!

Thanks David, I'm very pleased with the finished stand and best of all it didn't cost me much, a recycled off-cut of hardwood kitchen worktop and and old single glazed 6m(untoughened) patio door.

Infact I don't think I spent anything on this build, I even had the perspex and silicone left over from another job.

All I put in was time and effort!

Taking your time is key with these kind of projects I find!

Edited by welshchris77

Have you considered painting the wood to add some color to it? Like a black with white cog?

i personally like the wood look with this build. But maybe it you create like a granite look then thats another option to do.

Not sure yet, I don't want the cog to be too obvious to detract attention away from the gun, I might put some danish oil on the oak though to bring out the grain and nourish it.

Not sure yet, I don't want the cog to be too obvious to detract attention away from the gun, I might put some danish oil on the oak though to bring out the grain and nourish it.

I agree. A nice oak finish and shine would look great in contrast. love it