Rustmonkeys DD E11 WIP

Rustmonkey

Gaz....to be honest I thought that was how it was....I followed the resin line which was the same wave pattern on both sides so assumed it was meant to be like that ;)

Sonnen.....as explained, tried several methods to contact you....no response.

Didn't file a full claim....just a resolution so I could contact you via that means.

Maybe you should tell ppl when you have shipped an item so they know that you have completed your side of the deal rather than letting ppl guess as to why over two weeks later, nothing???.

Well, I'd like to keep it private, but:

+ You should have replied in our PM thread. It works. ALL the time

+You posted in YOUR thread about your dealings with me. Why should I read it?

+ 11 days are several weeks?

Please, do not tell me how to do business.

So, I ask some admin to clean up here. I'm done.

Edited by Sonnenschein

I'm sure you will get you D-ring soon enough. FYI, it takes three weeks for me here in Europe to get something from Karin, and it's no big deal. In my case it's because the post goes by truck all the way, instead of airmail.

Karin is definitely one of the most reliable sellers on this forum, and if she says she's mailed you your D-ring, she has mailed it. It's not in her power to make USPS work harder.

Acutally, Mathias, 

I think it is lost, because another one I sent to the Netherlands around the same time didn't show up either.

Quite a few were lost in the last few years (about 10%), but people always got them.

But this case can be closed, Craig got already his refund.

I think of me as a rather likeable person, but if someone is rude to me, then...

Reading an paypal dispute in the morning isn't a very nice way to start the day, y'know :)

Sometimes even lost packages get delivered, although after a delay. Packages can fall off carts in handling and end up on the floor in some corner. But eventually someone finds it and sends it on it's way.

It wasn't a big issue. I was just trying to get a response as I tried different methods with no joy. Had she sent notification that the item had been dispatched them it would have been fine.

I hate upsetting anyone but I had run out of ideas that I knew of. I wasn't aware of the ridiculous timescale from Europe when an item from Illinois arrived in 5 days. A bit of communication would have made all the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Craig, don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the T-tracks shouldn't be wheathered, because they simulate plastic parts - not metal.

The wheathering on your charging handle seems to be on the wrong side: using this severall times would remove the black paint and make some silver metal visible - on the front. Not on the rear side, as its being pulled back.

Nice work on the inner bolt. You might want to add something on top of it (beneath your charging handle) to close that gap. And I would strech the spring to have only 11 visible convolutions as the real Sterling has.

Please don't get me wrong. Your work is good. There are just a few things which could make it look better. :) No offense to your build.