Differences between armor styles?

What are the differences between each style of armor? For example, after I finished an ANH armor set, would I just need to change the helmet and holster for an ESB? What about RotJ? A list of differences for each part if any is most useful :)

http://starwarshelmets.com

This website explains a lot about the armor types. ANH and ESB are the most similar but there differences. Mostly between helmet, handguards, blaster and holster. ROTJ is really different in placement of shoulder bells and the trim or edging around the armor.

You could also just check out the many build threads here listed under the different styles. Or look at the hundreds of screen shots from the movies. ANH is by far the most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be best served by reviewing the CRLs for each one.

Off the top of my head, between ANH and ESB, I believe the differences are holster attachment, hand guards, and frown painting. There may be more that I just don't realize, as my research has all been geared towards ANH Centurion standards.

ROTJ has no holster, ESB hand guards, similar painting on the helmet (although rank stripes are increased), rubber trim around the body pieces, different arrangement of the ab buttons, no buttons on the belt, and all white boots.

As I said, I may be omitting a lot, but off the top of my head, that's the bulk of it - outside of differences in the weaponry.

Edited by Dark CMF

Alright so what I can tell from the CRLs, the differences between ANH and ESB is that different decals and painting are used on the helmets, the shoulder straps are attached differently, the hand plates are different styles, and the ESB holster is full black and slides over the belt rather than being screwed to it.

Edited by Grimez

ok here's what I did for a dual EIB with both ANH and ESB represented

2 helmets ANH style helmet with grey frown and anh decals. ESB helmet with black frown, bluegrey decals, sticker tubestripes slightly different eye trimming.

2 belts one anh belt with holster attached with tan straps on the left side, ESB belt with no holes, holster on right looped over belt

2 holsters one with tan straps attached to belt on left side, one with black loops slipped over belt on right side

2 blasters one with power cells, counter box and m38 scope, one without counter box or power cells

2 sets of handguards latex rubber handguards, one set of clamshell plastic handplates, sewn onto silk gloves.

2 sets of gloves  one set of rubber gloves with rubber plates, one set with plastic clamshell plates

shoulder straps for anh have white elastic bands and "float" and for ESB I add velcro and they are "attached" at the back with no white elastic band.

I actually use the same suit of armor as a basis for this style of doing both film styles... just the addition of the other parts to complete the dual EIB format.

for ROTJ there are so many differences that you have to have a completely different set of armor.

the assembly for ROTJ armor is vastly different.

overlap assembly of all parts, rubber gasket trim around all the edges of the torso, different helmet design different T det design, different boots and

blaster.

after I do some more mods to my armor I'll be applying for my ANH stunt EIB.  I need to replace my sniper knee, and make new sidegap shims.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 1 month later...

....an 'Oldie' but still a Goody B)

DmxUkDj.jpg

Ldpfg7v.jpg

:)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021