Dallas All Con 2014 phptp shoot

Ditch

Here is a final proof of me times 2 taken by a local photographer Ken Pearson at Dallas All Con this year. I also attached a couple of others he took that day of some other 501st friends. The bounty hunters are Josh and Niki Powers who were married this year at All Con the day before and Vader is Ryan Perry.

post-18313-0-93401600-1398728896_thumb.jpg

post-18313-0-93857700-1398728939_thumb.jpg

post-18313-0-73132800-1398728952_thumb.jpg

Oh no Captain, these were all taken outside int the parking garage. Not sure if you remember Saturday morning, but it was cold and windy. Here's a behind the scene pic of me and Ryan. Also another one of a solo shot with Josh.

post-18313-0-42786500-1398743080_thumb.jpg

post-18313-0-92302100-1398743155_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4165gorilla

You know the more I think about it the more I guess it was chilly Saturday morning to. That was our first day at the con and we weren't staying at the hotel but rather in the middle of organizing our family of 5's first day at a con. I do remember seeing a Hoth Han and Leia on Sunday and thinking how appropriate there costumes were to the weather that day. I'm just going to go put up my shovel now before the hole I'm digging gets deeper... :D

Awesome! I actually did see them as well as another Han and Leia that day.

Judging from the chest panel this is a different Vader but this is a pick that my youngest daughter took with one (she specifically asked to get a photo with the really tall Darth Vader after we stuck our head into the Star Garrison photo shoot).

1398908959594.jpg

Nice Brian! How old is she?

I know I thought it was great when my son wanted to put on the Republic Commando helmet and later, get his picture taken with everyone.

Very cool to see her excited about it!

Tim she is 6. I've only recently gotten her in to SW (she is a big fan of Vader and Yoda and has been asking me to make her a yoda outfit). I've tried for years to get the three of them to watch the OT with me (I also have an 11 and 16 year old) but wasn't sucesfull until all-con (because I told them they weren't going if they didn't watch them...). ;) The 16 year old liked them but will never be a huge fan and the 11 year old just outright can't stand them. I got the little one to my side though! She is really excited about Star Wars Rebels in the fall.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you have to get them started young. My son can identify the classification of many of the armored characters (TK, TB, CT, Boba Fett, Darth Vader). Your six year old will be all over it buddy.

Yeah Tim. What really got me was a friend asked her what her favorite Star Wars character was a few weeks ago. She looked at him and said the green girl. At first I was stunned. She couldn't seriously be talking about the slave twi'lek fro Jaba's in Jedi. Then it dawned on me. She was talking about the twi'lek pilot from the Star Wars Rebels clip running around last month. She hasn't shown much interest in the Clone Wars but she is dead set on watching Rebels with me.

...oh and at all con they were giving out the kids activity book where they had them matching helmets to the trooper. She got 100%. ;)

Nice! Kellan will tell me, look daddy, there's a stormtrooper, a biker scout, a clone trooper, a commando, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and he'll recognize Chewbacca and R2D2 also. I'm amazed at how well he remembers them all.

• 4 weeks later...

pics like those that make me more excited about the opportunity!  i have a photographer friend with a green screen, but still...just wowzers!  lol