Tips requested on disassembling armor pieces glued with e6000

My right shin is misaligned at the top from slippage with a clamp while drying.

nwda4kA.jpg

I would like to take the shin pieces apart from the inner strip I glued them to.  What is the appropriate method to detach the shin pieces from the cover strip without damaging the shin pieces?

Also, I love how easy e6000 rubs / peels off of the surface of the armor.  Sanding doesn't seem to be the method to remove e6000.  Should I rub / peel off all of the e6000 from all surfaces before attempting the re-glue?

If that is your left shin the sniper will cover it. That is a rally nice seam. It's a shame to pull it apart. If you have access to a hobby iron, you could try to massage it even with some heat.

I've been putting my NE arms and legs together this week. I'm having great success in using CA glue inside the seams.

First I mate up all the seams with painters tape across. Once its tight I put some tape down the seam. Then I cut the extra ABS and make it fit in the ridges. I clamp down one end, run my finger down the seam/ shim and quickly clamping down the other end.

When its ready just sand down any parts of the seams that are uneven. This way you can lay down your cover strips easy.

Good luck!

This is the right shin.  I had said that in the first sentence. :)

You can see the bigger curve of the piece on the "right" side of the shin, which when flipped around and worn would be the inside (left) side of my right shin.

Here's a shot of me wearing my shins so you can see that it's the right one:

76cMTtr.jpg

And here's a top angle shot where you can barely see the misalignment on the right shin:

Uq0aIRx.jpg

Maybe I'm just being too much of a perfectionist and it is fine to leave it how it is?  But look at how great of an alignment I got on the left shin!  It's a shame that will get covered up by the sniper plate!  :)

Edited by maxsteele

Honestly the only person who will notice that will be you.  Once everything is done all people will see will be a Stormtrooper walking towards them and they will want their picture taken with you.