TK-6794 Requesting ANH Hero Centurion Status

dm101

I hope i won't sound to rough but i think there are many things to fix in order to be approved:

- Your elbow gap needs to be reduced.

If you add strapping between your forearms and your biceps it will solve the problem and also prevent your forearms from twisting too much outwards.

dscf2010.jpg

- Also, the gap between your kydney and back plate looks too wide. I think if you lower your back plate by lengthening your shoulder straps and also shorthening the strapping between the back and the kydney plate it should close the gap.

-  Your ammo knee belt is rightly set but the rivets going through the upper corners are missing. i think you'll need to add them, even if they aren't functionnal. Just don't use pop rivets for that.

thighw10.jpg

- Your left shin seems to close the wrong side. The inner half covers the outer half whereas it should be the opposite. However i read here from Gino, about the eFX armor, that the original Hero armor they had was assembled this way, so maybe Hero builds will be allowed to close them like that.

- Are your thighs overlapped in the back? Because the overlapping technique has been forbidden for Centurion. However as it's just been announced today so perhaps the DO will make an exception for you ;)
- Are the inner drop boxes complete? Because flat covers are no longer allowed. Once again it's just been announced today so perhaps the DO will make an exception for you.

- Your side rivets aren't really evenly spaced along the side nor facing each other.

- Your side shims might need some camouflage too to be less noticeable.

- Your biceps look really wide on you. Would be a good thing to resize them a bit.

And you need to post a pic of the crotch rivet and forearms wrist return edges.

Nothing impossible to fix so keep it up! Good luck !! 

Edited by The5thHorseman

I hope i won't sound to rough but i think there are many things to fix in order to be approved:

- Your elbow gap needs to be reduced.

If you add strapping between your forearms and your biceps it will solve the problem and also prevent your forearms from twisting too much outwards.

dscf2010.jpg

- Also, the gap between your kydney and back plate looks too wide. I think if you lower your back plate by lengthening your shoulder straps and also shorthening the strapping between the back and the kydney plate it should close the gap.

-  Your ammo knee belt is rightly set but the rivets going through the upper corners are missing. i think you'll need to add them, even if they aren't functionnal. Just don't use pop rivets for that.

thighw10.jpg

- Your left shin seems to close the wrong side. The inner half covers the outer half whereas it should be the opposite. However i read here from Gino, about the eFX armor, that the original Hero armor they had was assembled this way, so maybe Hero builds will be allowed to close them like that.

- Are your thighs overlapped in the back? Because the overlapping technique has been forbidden for Centurion. However as it's just been announced today so perhaps the DO will make an exception for you ;)
- Are the inner drop boxes complete? Because flat covers are no longer allowed. Once again it's just been announced today so perhaps the DO will make an exception for you.

- Your side rivets aren't really evenly spaced along the side nor facing each other.

- Your side shims might need some camouflage too to be less noticeable.

- Your biceps look really wide on you. Would be a good thing to resize them a bit.

And you need to post a pic of the crotch rivet and forearms wrist return edges.

Nothing impossible to fix so keep it up! Good luck !! 

No problem. THANKS for the feed back.

I have been putting off this submission for almost a year. Needed to redo my side shims and a few other tweaks. Plus waited forever for TK boots to deliver.

It's always great to have another set of eyes look things over. :D

A couple of things (like the knee rivet) I completely dropped the ball on that. I am Such an idiot. I was just proud that I got the bloody thing to stay in place with glue.

Regarding forearms- I have never seen anyone add a strap from the forearm to the bicep. I took out my foam padding inside the right forearm for some dumb reason that day. I think my forearms are at the correct position. (except for the right one which slipped down) They start at the wrist bone. Yes my forearms do not have a return.

Not 100% sure what you mean by camouflaging my side shims.

Craig, I don't think it's required to have strapping between the bicep and forearm as long as they both stay in place, but it's pretty common.  You can find some more examples in these threads if you're interested:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/13288-howto-assemble-arm-armor/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12064-interior-strapping/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19372-correct-bicep-to-forearm-connection-anhesb-video-and-photo-references/

I'm sorry this request seems to have been glossed over due to Darth Real Life by Eric.  A couple of things I see as well:

Do your shins open to the inside of your leg or the outside?

The suggestion to "camoflage" your shims may be seen on my Centurion thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20031-tk-4584-requesting-hwt-centurion-status40fxata/

The rivet suggestion on the sniper plate is correct.

Your forearms look fine and I don't strap mine as well, however, you need to add a pic of the no return edges on your forearms as I do seem to see some return edge and the CRL requires none.

Post your additional pics and I'm sure Eric will get back with you ASAP.

Craig,

I'm sorry for the delay but I'm back at it again....

Your build looks good but needs a few minor tweaks before I can approve it...

• I think you should reduce forearm gap with elastic but I'll allow it. Most of the time when we troop our arms are bent. Here's a photo from the lucasfilm archives showing the forearm/bicep elastic:

med_gallery_12157_16_24850.jpg

• Add a solid head rivet to the thigh pack on each side
  • Align the sniper knee along with the angle of the top of the shin. I hear tell that the AP shin is notoriously annoying. 
  • Replace the fasteners holding your holster on with unpainted pop rivets or chicago screws turned around so that the screw head is on the inside and the tube with the hole in it is in the outside
  • Photo of the outside of the butt and cod crotch (I love this hobby... I get to type "crotch" fairly often without irony)
  • Photo of the return edge of the wrist side of the forearm
  • Photo of the spring in your blaster
  • Reduce the back/kidney gap by either lengthening your shoulder elastic and shortening the back/kidney elastic or somehow slide your butt/kidney/ab up. I think the latter would look better. 

The one thing I'm undecided on is about the rivets on your ab and kidney. I need to confer with the staff but I think we generally ask applicants to put the rivets on the shim itself rather than have a wide gap between the rivets. They rivets should also line up. Please stand by on this point.

A seam is fine on the side shims but more hidden is better if possible.

Thanks for your patience,

-Eric

Craig,

I'm sorry for the delay but I'm back at it again....

Your build looks good but needs a few minor tweaks before I can approve it...

• I think you should reduce forearm gap with elastic but I'll allow it. Most of the time when we troop our arms are bent. Here's a photo from the lucasfilm archives showing the forearm/bicep elastic:

med_gallery_12157_16_24850.jpg

• Add a solid head rivet to the thigh pack on each side
  • Align the sniper knee along with the angle of the top of the shin. I hear tell that the AP shin is notoriously annoying. 
  • Replace the fasteners holding your holster on with unpainted pop rivets or chicago screws turned around so that the screw head is on the inside and the tube with the hole in it is in the outside
  • Photo of the outside of the butt and cod crotch (I love this hobby... I get to type "crotch" fairly often without irony)
  • Photo of the return edge of the wrist side of the forearm
  • Photo of the spring in your blaster
  • Reduce the back/kidney gap by either lengthening your shoulder elastic and shortening the back/kidney elastic or somehow slide your butt/kidney/ab up. I think the latter would look better. 

The one thing I'm undecided on is about the rivets on your ab and kidney. I need to confer with the staff but I think we generally ask applicants to put the rivets on the shim itself rather than have a wide gap between the rivets. They rivets should also line up. Please stand by on this point.

A seam is fine on the side shims but more hidden is better if possible.

Thanks for your patience,

-Eric

Eric-

No problem, and thanks for the feedback. :)

Good timing because I had some free time (first time in weeks) to take some additional photos.

1. Photo of butt to cod/crotch connection-

*CraotchSnap.jpg

2. Photo of wrist forearm return (as in lack there of)

(also see the foam which I currently use to keep forearms in place)

*ForeArmReturn.jpg

3. Photo of ab and kidney plates-

I think I messed this up by not placing the rivets on the shim as shown in the screen capture below. (found this screen capture after the build was done :(   )

I think I would need to remove the rivets from the kidney plate????

*SideShim.jpg

*SWsideshim.jpg

4. Photo of greaves, left and right-

The AP armor greaves are wonky. The plastics natural set (form) was to fall in the direction shown. Which left or right (if any) are correct. I think I can fix either one.

*Greave-1.jpg

Greave-2.jpg

5. Blaster spring-

(do you want to see the spring out of my Doppys blaster?

J8_zpsade39e64.jpg

I will work on the other comments as my time permits. May be several weeks. Still mad at myself for forgetting the knee pack rivets....argghhhh.

Regarding the AP armor sniper knee is a major pain in the rear to align. Majorly wonky. It took us a good 45 minutes of fighting to get it to this state.

• 3 weeks later...

When installing the rivets on your thigh pack, make sure you get an extra one for the crotch on the bottom of the cod cup. A male snap as you have it is not acceptable. The outside of the left grieve needs to overlap the inside. Case closed. I would not be surprised if you are asked to trim a little more out of the return edge on your forearm wrists. The return edge needs to be gone even in the raised area of the indent squares on top of the forearm. The side rivet placements are distracting. For consistency, we all know about 10mm in from the edge which it looks like you have. But as for top to bottom placement, if the rivet is 1 inch from the top in the ab, it should be 1 inch from the top on the kidney. Although not a requirement, photo references show this should be consistent.