Sorry, but WTF?

Talan Kain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-11-Stormtrooper-custom-prop-blaster-clip-and-housing-Star-Wars-/221134715555

My whole blaster only cost $30 more than that blob of plastic and who bought them all?  :shok:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-11-Stormtrooper-Blaster-bottom-back-end-Fan-made-Star-Wars-prop-/321010138610?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abdb1fdf2

Really?  :blink:

Who the hell is buying this sh....?  :lol:

Sorry, please delete if I have crossed any lines, I didn't mean to, just spent too much time in our local cantina tonight and couldn't believe this. I half suspect it's all a joke TBH  :D  

Edited by Talan Kain

$246?!?!  We could almost buy our own blaster for that! <-- (in a whiny Luke voice)

But, when you click on the '26 sold', it shows they've only sold 5 in the last few weeks at $16.77 USD.  (???)  Weird... I'm confused. 

Edited by RainTrooper

Does FISD have a rep system that's hidden from non/not yet 501st members? If so that's understandable but if not it's a shame because I read a lot of posts here I'd like to give rep to..

OK, so now I think about it I get the "ridiculously high price" thing to stop a listing from ending but even so, putting a blaster together from these pieces at regular prices is going to cost a fortune. Are these pieces really doopy recasts?

The built doopy stuff I have seen looks way better than these, at least to my uneducated eyes.

I co-created/admin another forum (totally unrelated to Star Wars and I want to keep it separate, there are no links at all), we see copies, clones and even outright forgeries with the makers marks all the time, some scary close to the originals and it takes a trained eye to spot the difference in a lot of cases. These are works from original designers, in a lot of cases one man bands where guys have spent a lot of time, blood, sweat, tears and money on creating their product. Just as I've seen here, only to have it copied. I actually admire the restrained response 'recasting' gets here, we are nowhere near so polite about this type of theft.   

Edited by Talan Kain

Nothing is really hidden here. It's all in the "Types of armor..." thread. Just avoid eBay. lol.

Oh, and there have been some heated discussions about recasting in the past. It just isn't a hot topic as of late.