TK-24127 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RS] [338]

• Armor = RS Props
  • Helmet = RS Props
  • Blaster = RS Props
  • Holster = Supplied by RS Probs
  • Height = 5 feet 7.8 inches
  • Weight 74 kilograms

I have contacted RS regarding who made the holster and they have yet to get back to me.

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

WP_20130921_005_zps07b68ad0.jpg

Full Body Back

WP_20130921_003_zps14f08b1a.jpg

Full Right

WP_20130913_005_zps07df430b.jpg

Full Left

WP_20130913_004_zpscd407335.jpg

Right Side Detail

RightSideDetail_zps7f1387aa.png

Left Side Detail

LeftSideDetail_zps1b0b33cf.png

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

WP_20130925_22_32_16_Pro_zps714a2d7c.jpg

Side

WP_20130925_22_33_26_Pro_zps04263e36.jpg

Back

WP_20130925_22_35_31_Pro_zpsd30280af.jpg

Hovi tip detail

WP_20130925_22_38_45_Pro_zpsa3a3dfdb.jpg

Lenses (backlit)

WP_20130925_22_39_40_Pro_zps918ae3b3.jpg

Accessory Photos

Ammo belt

WP_20130925_22_44_21_Pro_zps39e17fd7.jpg

Neckseal

WP_20130925_22_46_05_Pro_zpsab0572ee.jpg

Blaster left side

WP_20130913_014_zpsc5dbc56c.jpg

Blaster right side

WP_20130913_017_zps319d321d.jpg

Thermal detonator back

WP_20130925_22_46_52_Pro_zpsb18b24ef.jpg

Action Shot

WP_20130913_007_zpsb2f6dac6.jpg

Interior Strapping

WP_20130925_22_51_17_Pro_zps48ed2979.jpg

Abdomen Detail

AbdomenDetail_zps1f5d2552.png

Edited by evan_loh

Nice suit, but a few things I noticed.

The cover strips on your thigs are way too long. They should stop at the top of the thigh, not over it.

Your ab/kidney connection looks weird. They should align at the seam and it looks like you placed your rivets un-aligned. Is this correct?

It shouldnt overlap on the right side where you only have the one visible snap.

Lastly it seems the Kidney plate could use a bit more trimming on the right side.

Thanks for the feedback Morten :)

The cover strips on my thigh look long as it covers the top edge of the outer half of the right thigh. I can trim a little on the left thigh though

WP_20130926_00_16_35_Pro_zps0cfe714b.jpg

And also my rivet are a little unaligned. Hope it doesn't affect my entry too much

WP_20130926_00_15_28_Pro_zps6ee7e1ca.jpg

I will get on to trimming the right side of my kidney plate then :)

I love RS armor!!! These little fixes will take your to the next level. The brow line on your helmet is way too wide. The brow trim should fit tight against the face. Anything you could do about that??

I love RS armor!!! These little fixes will take your to the next level. The brow line on your helmet is way too wide. The brow trim should fit tight against the face. Anything you could do about that??

Hey,

Yeah I don't think can make the faceplate any closer to the brow unless i disassemble the whole helmet, break the rivets and attach new ones. But I don't want to risk widening the punched holes by accident or punching a new one real close to the old rivet holes. Is this a big issue for getting into EIB? :S

Good luck on the fixes :duim:

Dont know if the rivet alignement will be a show stopper, but they really should be evenly spaced on both sides...

I couldn't get them evenly spaced as when the armour came to me the ab plate already had holes drilled in them by RS. Not on the kidney plate though. Which is why I replicated the rivet spacing. Actualy since you mentioned that they were unaligned it's been bugging me ever since! Wish I had taken a closer look when I drilled the holes on the kidney plate. Too bad I can't do anything about it, other than buying a new set D:

Edited by evan_loh

I couldn't get them evenly spaced as when the armour came to me the ab plate already had holes drilled in them by RS. Not on the kidney plate though. Which is why I replicated the rivet spacing. Actualy since you mentioned that they were unaligned it's been bugging me ever since! Wish I had taken a closer look when I drilled the holes on the kidney plate. Too bad I can't do anything about it, other than buying a new set D:

Please do not take offence but I find it incredible that you would drill your armour without checking where you need to drill. And it is not just you. I see most of the rivet placements are just placed anywhere and it baffles me why you (or anyone) would go to the trouble of adding the rivets without putting them in the correct place.

Again, this is not a jab at you but I struggle to comprehend what people are thinking when building armour to Centurion level. Like "I must have this" so I will put it on my armour, but without checking where it realy should go. Strange :huh:

Please do not take offence but I find it incredible that you would drill your armour without checking where you need to drill. And it is not just you. I see most of the rivet placements are just placed anywhere and it baffles me why you (or anyone) would go to the trouble of adding the rivets without putting them in the correct place.

Again, this is not a jab at you but I struggle to comprehend what people are thinking when building armour to Centurion level. Like "I must have this" so I will put it on my armour, but without checking where it realy should go. Strange :huh:

No offense taken. Always happy to take feedback and learn from it. You may have realized by now that I'm not really good at DIY and measurements and you probably won't be surprised to hear that this is in fact my first DIY project. (I know I should've tried on something less expensive right?)

Nonetheless I do remember trying to match and align them but I do regret not taking greater effort to make sure they are really aligned. I will have to be a lot more careful the next time I build a new set and learn that not taking proper and accurate measurements can lead to drastic effects.

Maybe you can fill the holes with ABS paste and sand/polish it so it wont be that noticeable, and place the rivets correctly?

That can be something I can look into. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try and find some ABS paste in the local store or Amazon :)

Hi Evan,

Can I have your height and weight please to consider your application.

As this stands, the armour doesn't fit you well.

It doesn't look form fitted.

It's not ready for an EIB award.

I think it needs adjustment, strapping and trimming to look right.

Who made the holster?

What's it made of?

Where are your shoulder strap rear tie down straps?

Why have you over trimmed the top of your left shin?

Hi Evan,

Can I have your height and weight please to consider your application.

As this stands, the armour doesn't fit you well.

It doesn't look form fitted.

It's not ready for an EIB award.

I think it needs adjustment, strapping and trimming to look right.

Who made the holster?

What's it made of?

Where are your shoulder strap rear tie down straps?

Why have you over trimmed the top of your left shin?

Hello,

I am 5 feet 8 inches

I weigh 75 kg

Holster is made out of leather and ordered from RS.

The shoulder straps are present. Are you referring to these?

WP_20130831_007_zps77b2bcae.jpg

I was told to trim behind the knees both on the shin and the thighs so it'd be more comfortable when walking/trooping. I never knew that it was not advised to trim past the ridge area.

Do you have any advice on how to rectify the problem? At the moment I'm working on trimming the kidney plate so it won't overlap too much. Problem is that the belt I received was too short and to wrap it round my waist it needed to be quite tight thus causing the kidney plate to overlap the ab plate. But I can rectify that by trimming it slightly.

I have trimmed the cover strips on the thighs and trimmed the kidney and ab plate so they don't overlap as badly as it did before.

WP_20130927_11_06_08_Pro_zps5bd57b54.jpg

WP_20130927_004_zps75b1f871.jpg

WP_20130927_005_zps9c1d0dca.jpg

I have not yet worked on the rivet alignments and do plan to soon as I haven't had the time to make my own PVC/ABS paste yet. (Would it work if I got white plaster or a similar sort?)

I hope my changes have made a positive difference :)

Edited by evan_loh

Plaster would look a different color, you would be best making the abs paste, it's only scraps of abs cut fine then mixed with an acetone, put masking tape behind the hole first. you will still have to sand and polish the hole once filled.

PVC will not work with acetone. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but to my eye many of your return edges seem a tad wide. Perhaps you can trim them and use them in acetone?

My armour is made out of PVC and not ABS though :( I'll just have to look for ABS. Will have to check if hardware/DIY shops sell any ABS scraps

Hi Evan,

To proceed with your application I would like to see fully kitted up pictures again when you are ready.

Your armour needs trimming and adjusting to fit you better.

I understand that you are a UKG trooper and should come into an armour party for help with the modifications.

I would suggest that you accurately measure your height and check again who supplied your holster.

I would start with the other mods and leave the kidney repair till last. You can present your EIB pics without the kidney repair for review.

If you live near North London, uk, you should contact Gary Hailes about getting to an armour party if you need help.

I will get myself into an armour party then :)

Mods I made here are the trimmed ab/kidney plates, trimmed thigh cover strips.

Front

WP_20131004_014_zps0d7b97d6.jpg

Back

WP_20131004_018_zps577a88e6.jpg

Right

WP_20131004_012_zps935a1c0b.jpg

Left

WP_20131004_002_zpse5074279.jpg

Right Detail

WP_20130927_005_zps9c1d0dca.jpg

Left Detail

WP_20131004_004_zpse12fcc9b.jpg