New TK Commander Build from CFO's RotJ Armour

Hi all,

just started with my first trooper build and once it is finished, it should be a TK Commander.

First of all thanks to a good friend of mine who helped me with his tools and experience.

As a basis, I used a CFO RotJ Armour (Thanks to Mark, you've done a great job with these parts). Today we started with the helmet and thermal detonator:

TKC_01.jpg

TKC_02.jpg

TKC_03.jpg

TKC_04.jpg

TKC_05.jpg

Tomorrow we will rivet the two pieces to complete the helmet. We also want to do some fine-tuning with the eyes and the teeths to clean the edges.

Thanks in advance for tips and hints to improve my TKC Build.

With imperial regards,

David 

Edited by Darth Sardus

Nice work on the bucket so far, but the TD is looking a little long, I think you will find that the max length should be 7.5". Keep up the great work

You want to build a TKC, right?

And this is the CFO RotJ bucket, right?

If this is the case than you use the wrong helmet as a base.

The TKC should have an ANH bucket.

Nevertheless I like Mark´s helmet, so lets see how this goes.

Have fun :duim:

You want to build a TKC, right?

And this is the CFO RotJ bucket, right?

If this is the case than you use the wrong helmet as a base.

The TKC should have an ANH bucket.

Nevertheless I like Mark´s helmet, so lets see how this goes.

Have fun :duim:

Hi Minuteman,

thanks for the advise, but where did you find that RotJ helmets does not fit the 501st requirements? I just checked the CRL for the TKC and the only difference I found were the flat lenses and some changes in the painting. But nothing which excluses a RotJ helmet as a base for TKC (the picture on 501st CRL shows 8 cut out theeths for TKC - like the RotJ and ANH Hero only 7)? 

Maybe you can shortly brief me about the differences so that I can avoid doing any mistakes in the begining.

Thanks in advance.

For the TD lenght I used the information I found in many CFO build threads, they imply 190 to 200 mm as a reference (Mark said 7.5" = 190.5 mm); I have now 193 mm.

Once again thank you for your support.

David

Hi Minuteman,

thanks for the advise, but where did you find that RotJ helmets does not fit the 501st requirements? I just checked the CRL for the TKC and the only difference I found were the flat lenses and some changes in the painting. But nothing which excluses a RotJ helmet as a base for TKC (the picture on 501st CRL shows 8 cut out theeths for TKC - like the RotJ and ANH Hero only 7)? 

Maybe you can shortly brief me about the differences so that I can avoid doing any mistakes in the begining.

Thanks in advance.

For the TD lenght I used the information I found in many CFO build threads, they imply 190 to 200 mm as a reference (Mark said 7.5" = 190.5 mm); I have now 193 mm.

Once again thank you for your support.

David

Hi David!

In fact nowhere is written that you need to use an ANH helmet as a base, at least I haven´t found that information.

I thought it was unwritten law, because the helmet has the handpainted ANH details, flat lenses, grey frown, etc.

Also all TKC EIB and Centurion requests always had an ANH helmet, you are the first one I know who does it with an RotJ.

Except for the softer lines the difference to an ANH is not that visible, so if you want to do an ANH-style RotJ lid, feel free to do so.

Your cut out number of teeths looks good.

After all this is a costume, that is based on video game and most ingame pictures lack detail.

The requirements for the 501st are according to this up to a certain level "random".

I think, if the armor and helmet look in the end "right" and appropriate then the GMO will have an easy decision.

Hi, i'm making a TKC and i'm using ANH Stunt helmet. The game TKC is part ANH and part ROTJ. The helmet is ANH Stunt the hand plates are ANH Stunt, and the rest of the armour is ROTJ.

Have fun making your TKC.

Greg Froud ( Commander Vonic ) :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Commander Vonic

Hi, i'm making a TKC and i'm using ANH Stunt helmet. The game TKC is part ANH and part ROTJ. The helmet is ANH Stunt the hand plates are ANH Stunt, and the rest of the armour is ROTJ.

Have fun making your TKC.

Greg Froud ( Commander Vonic ) :smiley-sw013:

Hi,

nevertheless I will continue my build with a ROTJ helmet instead of ANH Stunt. The changes should not be impossible and hopefully the result will be sufficient for 501st requirements. First goal will be to finish the helmet this weekend!

BR,

David

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

it has been a long time since my last post, but today I finished the first project goal of my TKC. With the following pictures I have requested an approval for the 501st.

Front_2.jpg

Back_2.jpg

David_Links_2.jpg

David_Rechts_2.jpg

Next project step will be armor weathering. For battle damaging I’m not quite sure, if I could harm my sweet little armor…! :smiley-sw013:  

Thanks in advance for any tips and comments to improve my armor.

With imperial regards

David

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats David!

Thanks Mark, but this won't be possible without your excellent and high quality armor!

Awesome! Can't wait to see you go for EI!

Yeah, I am a little bit nervous and excited about it. But I will do the weathering job before. Hopefully this will be done within the next two weeks. Thank you anyway for your support.  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Darth Sardus