Rezablad3's RS Props ANH TK build

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in the process of putting together my thermal detonator, one question, did any of you guys paint the tube, or just left it the way it is?

From your initial unboxing pictures it looks like we have the same colour on the TD pipe. Considering the quality of the RS kit I'll go ahead and assume they are exactly the same and matching the screen used ones.

Ā 

I got mine semi assembled, holding clips installed, and never even considered having to paint it. It checks out by my initial research.

Ā 

The only thing I have thought about painting are the screw heads as they are black in the reference picture here on FISD.

Ā 

So. In short. No. :)

I say paint the screws. It's easy to do and accurate.

Ā 

Yes, the first picture has pop rivets where they repaired the strapping. Still painted though.

gallery_12157_16_2210.jpg

gallery_12157_16_1326.jpg

Thanks Mathias, i was planning to paint the screws for the TD if i cant find black ones, i was wondering to paint the tube or not....but it seems the color is correct, so im just going to leave it.

Ā 

As for the bracket screws, i will paint all of them white....,thanks again

Edited by Rezablad3

Alright. I guess I didn't read enough of your conversation.

No worries mate, its always great to have someone remind you of things. thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a while since i made any big progress.... ran into a few problems with e6000. tried leaving it on for 72 hours and still didn't stick as well as i wanted. so on some parts i left to dry for almost a week.

At this point i think the top half of the body is almost done, i couldn't resist, so i strapped it on my mannequin to see how it looks.

Ā 

I'm still waiting for the thighs and shins to dry, just did that last night, so probably will be another week before i can try them on. here's a sneak peak of the progress, what do you guys think?

Ā 

IMG_3858_zpsf6d2483c.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3857_zps44d7b904.jpg

Ā 

here's a closer one, i think iĀ  got pretty lucky with the paint i used on the hdpe helmet...i think it matches up with the armor pretty well..

Ā 

IMG_3863_zps6e6b9449.jpg

Ā 

Cheers guys.... :salute:

Armor is looking awesome!

Ā 

Ā 

One thing you might not be considering regarding E6000.

Ā 

Chances are you already knew this but...

Did you washed the armor parts prior to assembly???

Ā 

Chemicals are added to the plastic to make the de-moulding easier.

That chemicals will prevent the plastic to stick tp the mould, but also, any glue to stick to them.

Feels a bit oily on the inside of the armor parts.

Ā 

And there is no way E6000 will completely stick to the plastic with that agent on it.

Ā 

If you think that mught be happening, just wash it with water and dish soap.

No big deal...

Ā 

If you indeed have the chemical agent on your kit, dont wait for a week. Go ahead and wash it, and glue them again, tomorrow night they will be done!

Ā 

Another posibility is that you got a bad batch of E6000. I have used it for over 7 years and never did it take longer than 24 hours to work, and I can say that in about 72 hours it is completely cured.

Ā 

Saludos.

Juan

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Thanks Juan...

Ā 

I never thought of that, i know the process of casting the armor but never thought of washing the armor prior to assembly. That actually makes a lot of sense. and it is highly possible that the RS boys used some sort of chemical to prevent the plastic from sticking to the mold, and this is true on almost all moulding process.

Ā 

thanks again bro, there are only a few places that wouldn't stick. I'll make sure to wash those parts before gluing them again.

Ā 

Cheers..

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive work!!!

Ā 

Thanks Steve, i really appreciate it.

Ā 

Any updates on this? Im eager to see how this is coming along.Ā 

Ā 

Im actually almost done with the build, just finishing up the belt. Just been lacking updated photos. I will update with more pictures over the weekend.. Thanks again Guys..

Ā 

Cheers.. :salute:

Alright folks, here comes those progress pics as promised. since i haven't posted any progress in a while.....there will be loads of pics... so hold on to your seats... :)

Ā 

Enjoy....

Ā 

TorsoĀ 

Ā 

IMG_4012_zpsc3f0ff99.jpg

Ā 

IMG_4010_zps71646429.jpg

Ā 

IMG_4009_zpse3878245.jpg

Ā 

394e81e1-c91d-4c6e-b240-5f662374ae7a_zps

Ā 

The torso part is pretty much complete at this point..Ā  :salute:

Here's what he looks like on the mannequin for now..... although i think my mannequin is to tall for this armor so i may need to mod my mannequin a bit to make it fit better...

Ā 

IMG_3915_zps502d2b8f.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3912_zpsc1600e90.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3926_zps520a2354.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3909_zpsdc10117d.jpg

Ā 

IMG_3910_zpsefdab093.jpg

Ā 

I haven't done any of the strapping on the thighs, arms or the shins yet. That i will do after i finish the belt assembly. Waiting for glue to dry on the TD right now.....

So not much more to be done....i honestly cant wait to be able to try the suit on...

Ā 

More updates to come soon... Thanks again Folks.....

Ā 

Cheers.. :salute: