Micke's DVH E-11 build

So, Time to start my pipe kit DVH E-11 blaster! =)

I've started with a normal DVH Kit, ordered Marv's Tracks (yet to arrive), and awaiting a D-ring from Karin!

I am following Nicky's build and others to see what they did, and what mistakes to not repeat =)

Since we already have great guilds on these, I have not really taken that many pics on the build as of yet, but got a few =)

I started with cleaning up the folding stock. I cleaned up the sides, cut away the pour spout towers and got rid of the residue from the making.

Then time to bring out the dremel! I gave the stock a proper sanding, and started cutting pieces out. 

I looked at some reference pics of the folding stock, and dremeled out the area in the front, and also drilled out the holes in the folding stock.

Once that was done, I also dremeled out parts of the stock to make it more hollow and allow for the stock to get closer to the barrel.

Did some sanding of it all, and ended up covering it in bondo, to get it real smooth and also to fix some flaws caused by bubbles when this was poured.

IMG_9295-615x461.jpg

IMG_9296-615x461.jpg

A little putty got inside the dimple here, but that will be removed later before painting.

IMG_9294-615x461.jpg

Here you can see the dremeled out inside hinted...

IMG_9300-615x461.jpg

Bubbles in the making are being covered in layers of putty... if this isn't strong enough, I've found a tube of milliput laying around that I'm not afraid to use..

When this was put to rest, it was time to shift my focus to the pipe.. Barrel to be!

First off, I realized that the max length I can get out of my barrel is 17 1/4", which means that it is 1.5" too short for the length indicated on the template.

I'm not worried at this point. I will see what I can do with the end cap, and possibly extend the pipe with some styrene I have laying about since my R2 build.

Anyway, I printed out the templates, cut them to size and sprayed them with repositionable glue to stick to the barrel.

I then marked all the holes with awl, and use my cone shaped roter bit on my dremel to drill the basic holes in the barrel before I took my step drill and drilled to size.

Being in Europe, I opted for 10mm on the main holes and 12 mm for the 1/2" holes. 

IMG_9297-615x461.jpg

Pipe in the drill phase... the small holes are from the dremel, and this is how far I got before my cordless ran out of batteries..

Looks pretty good so far =)

IMG_9299-615x461.jpg

It was then time to do the scary bit: To cut out the long straight pieces with the dremel. I think it worked out quite well, after all:

IMG_9298-615x461.jpg

It's nice to see another DVH pipe build ;)

However, I think you did a mistake with the holes at the bottom of the folding stock

IMG_9295-615x461.jpg

They aren't supposed to go through the whole folding stock because in fact this is 2 pieces inserted into each other. Here is a pic from the dm101's thread to understand what i mean:

folding-stock-1.jpg

An easy fix would be to glue in a small piece of plastic behind the holes then it would just look like the other piece of the stock :D

Actually, they do go all the way through. It's the diagonal rod (holding a spring inside) that folds up into the butt stock you are seeing blocking the holes.

gallery_12157_40_5997.jpg

gallery_12157_40_21152.jpg

Indeed the holes do go all the way through =)

... another reason why I've been gouging out the innards of the stock with my dremel ... to put a very strategically placed piece of styrene on the inside! =)

An easy fix would be to glue in a small piece of plastic behind the holes then it would just look like the other piece of the stock :D

best just to use a small pvc pipe inside the folding stock!

well done mathias! you beat me to it!

This is what I was thinking of doing for my DVH E-11 build. Seeing the diagonal rod through the stock holes would look closer to the real thing, wouldn't it?

Edited by swmand4

This is what I was thinking of doing for my DVH E-11 build. Seeing the diagonal rod through the stock holes would look closer to the real thing, wouldn't it?

Now, how often you have people looking on the underside of your weapon is another thing ... ;)

it's not just a rod. is has a special shape

"hurry up goldenrod or you're gonna be a resident!"

:: random joke anout 3p0 and solo.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392