TK-1636 requesting ANH stunt centurion status[87][AP*]

Name = Michael Culp
ID = TK-1636
Forum name = TK1636

Expert Infantry Thread=http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18437-tk-1636-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status201ap/

Garrison = Dune Sea Garrison
Armor = AP
Helmet = AP
Blaster =scratch built
Height = 5'10
Weight = 160lb
Boots = TKBoots
Canvas belt = homebuilt
Hand Plates = Sonnenschein
Holster = Darman
Hovi Tips = home built from a garrison member
Rivets = Mr no strips
TD Clips = home made from TK Leper thread

Neck seal=Trooperbay

IMG_8774_zpsfece4a5f.jpg

IMG_8773_zpsb8992c5f.jpg

IMG_8772_zps998fd387.jpg

IMG_8775_zps9d062a5f.jpg

IMG_8776_zpsa4212e5a.jpg

IMG_8777_zps88167018.jpg

IMG_8778_zpsf12803e2.jpg

IMG_8779_zps57a71e18.jpg

IMG_8780_zps51cba4e5.jpg

IMG_8781_zps57b0f60e.jpg

IMG_8782_zps486c39c8.jpg

IMG_8783_zpsdb7cf7eb.jpg

IMG_8784_zpsc1850e53.jpg

IMG_8785_zps45f1abac.jpg

IMG_8786_zps647e1191.jpg

IMG_8787_zps3e1050f6.jpg

IMG_8789_zps7b9068a0.jpg

IMG_8791_zps9a98b4da.jpg

IMG_8792_zps92073bec.jpg

IMG_8793_zpsdc6f4009.jpg

IMG_8794_zps333a1ac4.jpg

IMG_8801_zps4d01895b.jpg

IMG_8771_zps4c876dda.jpg

IMG_8770_zps2b303fa3.jpg

IMG_8767_zpsd1aca219.jpg

IMG_8765_zpsb7f6a269.jpg

IMG_8764_zps4d69ec58.jpg

IMG_8763_zps8ee3f250.jpg

IMG_8762_zpsaf1a8ee0.jpg

IMG_8760_zps5eaf6261.jpg

IMG_8759_zpsbee3b139.jpg

IMG_8758_zps6116ee52.jpg

IMG_8757_zpsf9e67d57.jpg

IMG_8756_zpse31ea9e1.jpg

IMG_8755_zps37bae404.jpg

IMG_8754_zpsdc73eac5.jpg

IMG_8753_zps47bb39e8.jpg

IMG_8752_zps53fe7514.jpg

IMG_8751_zps140e114f.jpg

IMG_8750_zps535139f0.jpg

IMG_8749_zps10081487.jpg

IMG_8746_zps8a1a4076.jpg

IMG_8745_zps103c6a18.jpg

IMG_8744_zps838a28b6.jpg

IMG_8743_zpsc0b681f1.jpg

IMG_8742_zpsf3e3d152.jpg

IMG_8741_zps309791ac.jpg

IMG_8740_zpsc35bd06a.jpg

I'd fix your right eye socket... there's a pucker. The front of the mic tips are a little rough. I'm not sure that the screw heads under the breast plate are gonna fly. Just my opinions though, good luck!

I don't know how long you have been in the 501st but the eye socket is AP and it is supposed to be like that, also you need to check other threads as the screws are screen accurate. You need to do a little research before you say stuff you don't know anything about.

Hi Michael,

Calm down please, we are all like minded here, the previous guy made a comment and there wasn't a need to come back so hard.

When anyone puts themselves up for the scrutiny of EIB or centurion, there will always be a comment to be made and sometimes you have to be thick skinned.

You may put people off from making comments on your build, unless of course that's what you wanted.

The right eye socket comment seemd fair to me.

There is meant to be a bump there, but I would like to take advice from the DO as to whether yours is felt to be too large and thus have excess flashing surrounding it.

null_zps15dae895.png

Your build has been to a high standard, I love your attention to detail, your bicep hooks etc

I feel that the curve on your knee ammo strap is a little shallow in curve shape.

I am very surprised that someone of 5,10" would cut the AB Cod, I can't see a reason for it.

And may I ask how much you removed from the bottom of your shins to shorten them by?

Good luck with your application.

Oh believe me I could have came a lot harder and I did tone down my response, I did a lot of research over the years and have changed many things on my kit over the years. This is my second AP set and I have corrected a few things that I did wrong in the first one. I just don't like when somebody says something and they don't have any idea what they are talking about, if he would have been a EIB or centurion status then I will listen to what they are saying and probably change what is wrong with my lit. But when somebody doesn't know and is neither status then maybe they should just view and not make a comment or probably send a P.M. Again not mad I can take constructive criticism, just would rather take advise criticism from somebody who knows what they are talking about.

Your build has been to a high standard, I love your attention to detail, your bicep hooks etc

I feel that the curve on your knee ammo strap is a little shallow in curve shape.

I am very surprised that someone of 5,10" would cut the AB Cod, I can't see a reason for it.

And may I ask how much you removed from the bottom of your shins to shorten them by?

Good luck with your application.          

On the curve I used a paint can just like in a thread shown here and trimmed out from the line. On the ab/cod piece I had did this on my other AP and liked that I could go to the bath room easier, I have had this kit for a little over three years. After doing a ton of research and seeing how they used the brackets and screws I have since gotten rid of the snaps, just wish I had never cut the cod like I did. I never took out any material just did it to hinge it and I never had the cod to butt snap. Know I do and I love how they did it back in 76, every suit I help my garrison members I make sure the cod is not cut. Finally I hate how a lot of TK's thighs look so I cut a little off the top of the thigh maybe a inch and then on the shins I cut off another inch so I could have a little more black in between my thighs and shins. I also find that it makes it easier to walk. I spent many years redoing this armor trying to get it as close to centurion as possible, probably to many hours just pouring thru how to and other centurions builds. thank you for looking and commenting good or bad. just please make sure you know what you are talking about.

Easy there tiger! It was just an opinion as I stated. You are correct, I have no idea what EIB or centurion stats are. I've never seen the eye bump in all my research and have also never seen the screws on the chest plate. Sorry to ruffel your feathers... I just don't care for that look. 

The screwheads in the return edge of your chest plate are just a little too accurate. Might want to tone that done a little ok?

Looking good! 

-Eric

Looking great mate :), one thing I noticed if you want to be ubber ubber acurate is change out your black elastics inside your shins , for some 1 inch white elastics ;)

Ohh and the AP lid has always had that more predominant bump in the right eye ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Easy there tiger! It was just an opinion as I stated. You are correct, I have no idea what EIB or centurion stats are. I've never seen the eye bump in all my research and have also never seen the screws on the chest plate. Sorry to ruffel your feathers... I just don't care for that look. 

No worries just jump the gun a little, my apologizes. I just put a lot of research in this build and have changed a lot of stuff to try and get it as accurate as possible.

The screwheads in the return edge of your chest plate are just a little too accurate. Might want to tone that done a little ok?

Looking good! 

-Eric

Talk to Mr. no strips he sold them to me and told me they were accurate!

Looking great mate :), one thing I noticed if you want to be ubber ubber acurate is change out your black elastics inside your shins , for some 1 inch white elastics ;) Ohh and the AP lid has always had that more predominant bump in the right eye ;) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yeah I don't use the black elastic on my build anymore at the time that is all I had, I was thinking of changing them but nobody can see them once they are on my shins. also I don't sew so none of my snaps on the shoulders are the correct ones either. I am just trying to get as accurate with the stuff I can find easiest.

Talk to Mr. no strips he sold them to me and told me they were accurate!

I was being sarcastic. There is no such thing as "too accurate" bro. It's a good policy to take very little of what I say seriously.

-Eric

I was being sarcastic. There is no such thing as "too accurate" bro. It's a good policy to take very little of what I say seriously.

-Eric

Hense the reply you gave me about your E-11 storage...

"I have a pink hello kitty towel I wrap mine in before it goes into my armor bin."  lmao!

Sorry again Mike... no offense ment.

"I have a pink hello kitty towel I wrap mine in before it goes into my armor bin."  lmao!

Actually.... that's totally true!

-Eric

-Eric

Yeah I know I still remember the rainbow you tried to put for my EIB picture.

None taken it all good already forgotten bro. if anything it is me that should be apologizing.

I know you dont need to show the folding stock on the blaster for the award, but you should post a few just to show off how cool that thing is Mike.

Great work showing off your build bro!

I would recommend spending that hour cleaning off the last dirt. Some weathering is fine, but "sand/dirt" isn't really the kind of weathering I have in mind if there is any.

Another thing I suggest working on, since you seam to regret cutting the cod is to try to shim it back together with a strip of plastic to regain the rigid look and feel. You don't necessarily have to fill the join from the front, but I recommend putting it back into 1 piece.

I'm also not too sure about the pop rivets on the butt plate. I can see there are snaps on the inside, but those snaps are supposed to go through the plate rather than be riveted to the inside. Another coat of black on the blaster would also improve the overall look greatly.

To sum it up, neither of these, apart from the butt plate snaps are really show stoppers in my mind, but it would improve your look quite a lot I believe, and definitely make me more comfortable about putting my stamp of approval on this, After all, we do try to look our absolute best as centurions.

I would recommend spending that hour cleaning off the last dirt. Some weathering is fine, but "sand/dirt" isn't really the kind of weathering I have in mind if there is any.

Another thing I suggest working on, since you seam to regret cutting the cod is to try to shim it back together with a strip of plastic to regain the rigid look and feel. You don't necessarily have to fill the join from the front, but I recommend putting it back into 1 piece.

I'm also not too sure about the pop rivets on the butt plate. I can see there are snaps on the inside, but those snaps are supposed to go through the plate rather than be riveted to the inside. Another coat of black on the blaster would also improve the overall look greatly.

To sum it up, neither of these, apart from the butt plate snaps are really show stoppers in my mind, but it would improve your look quite a lot I believe, and definitely make me more comfortable about putting my stamp of approval on this, After all, we do try to look our absolute best as centurions.

Cleaning it is no problem was going to do it any ways, and another coat of paint on the blaster is to easy also, on the rivet for the butt cod piece should I just use a normal male snap, I did notice on a couple of builds that people are using those instead of a rivet on one side and a male snap on the other side. I was under the impression that there was supposed to be a rivet but I can change that and the E-11 tonight.

Don't look at other people's builds. They could be wrong. ;)

Look at original armour in our gallery: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Looked at all the ANH pics and couldn't find a pic big enough to really show the butt plate snaps.

Might not be so easy, that's true. I guess this is the best picture of the butt snaps.

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

However, fortunately for us we know they used the same snaps on several places. So the butt plate snaps are the same as these:

gallery_12157_16_24471.jpg