AP vs NE Helmet

Well people have been asking, and I have decided to showcase these two side by side, as we all know AP is movie accurate but most are unsure about NE. I must say, the quality of the NE helmet is superb, it is the most stark white i have seen (makes AP look a very slight blue tinge beside it) and it is extremely rigid, no soft spots anywhere, yet it is very sharp and detailed.... Keep in mind while looking at the comparisons, the NE is trimmed much differently, and not fully trimmed yet so that is why it will be at a different angle in some pictures

Here is a front on comparison of face plates, they look almost identical to me, the NE looks like it has a sharper frown, keep in mine I have just opened the NE it has not been trimmed at all by me this is how it came so the eyes are a bit less trimmed than mine making them look odd, but they don't really.

aCxOgE4.jpg

This one is a good showcase of how similar they are since they are at the same angle in this pic

mx5xcrZ.jpg

As you can see, the NE is sitting much higher because it has not been trimmed, and also by default the AP leans forward making it look smaller, they are actually quite identical in size imo

uCQR2hM.jpg

Top of domes

7zZV9o2.jpg

And here is just the NE showing how much less trimmed it is, I will basically trace my AP on to the NE one for the trim lines I think

o7tXiS8.jpg

Last one, check out how sharp the details are, no thin spots here :)

ovEAM5o.jpg

Overall I would definitely recommend this helmet, especially for trooping or modifying due to its integrity compared to "screen accurate" helmets, which are quite flimsy... however if you are a total stickler you may wish to have a movie accurate one due to it having an accurate one piece cap and back.

Any questions, or requests please ask and I will do my best, thanks :)

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the images by Sly11, 2021

Nice work with the comparison. I too have been interested to see how the NE holds up against another maker.

If I am completely honest, I'm not impressed. It still appears to be larger than the AP. I feel like this is especially shown in the front comparison.

Also, as you said, I'm a stickler and prefer the one piece cap and back. 

But that is just one opinion and you still did and excellent job with the photos! :duim:

Nice work with the comparison. I too have been interested to see how the NE holds up against another maker.

If I am completely honest, I'm not impressed. It still appears to be larger than the AP. I feel like this is especially shown in the front comparison.

Also, as you said, I'm a stickler and prefer the one piece cap and back. 

But that is just one opinion and you still did and excellent job with the photos! :duim:

You're welcome everyone, my pleasure :) You think so? I don't know, it's very hard to tell for me haha, i'm by no means an expert in any sense but in person they seem the same to me... the only way to tell would be when assembled, actually I could grab some quick measurements with my tape (going out very soon so may or may not have them in the next few mins :P)

the faceplate looks so close someone could say the RC word.

I have spent the last 4 years studying the AP form so much that this is an amazing comparison.

looking at the shapes I see only minor changes from the NE pull.

the NE pull looks modified in certain areas and in fact is probably a better pull than some AP seconds I've seen.

I know the AP form inside out... and this looks like a mirror image with the same scale and shapes

mx5xcrZ.jpg

I am totally not happy with the way this photo looks... because it's too much the same!

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the images by Sly11, 2021

I may be wrong but I heard it stands for Nostalgic Empire. Mine is still wrapped,This makes me want to start it. thanks for posting.

I have also heard that, and I like the sound of it so i'm going with it :P YW, there are tons of NE builds popping up all over the place now, including mine hehe

• 4 months later...