New vendor, or slightly new vendor on Ebay

miller330i

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181118205404?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any one of you TK gurus out there know if this armor is going to be acceptable, or allow me to get EIB status when I get it modded to the right specs? They said they used their own molds, and that it was based off of AP photos.  Please help me before I make a mistake. Thanks!

Ebay armor is NEVER accepted by the FISD.

I sent you the approved list, and you don't listen to me...

the only place we reccomend armor is on our listing

this is the THIRD time I've given you this link.

this link is the ONLY place where we suggest armor.

EBAY will NEVER provide armor that is correctly and honestly made

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

if you keep on asking the same question over and over, and insist on buying from ebay then you

will REGRET the decision when you stand next to other troopers who have better armor than yours.

you will not get a good suit of armor for 200.00.

armor usually costs 1.2k  that's one thousand two hundred.

anything less is just cheap junk.

It says "It is ANH and ESB accurate".  I'm confused....

They used old suits from ANH when filming ESB. They just refurbished them and repainted the helmets.

looks like he's joking around with this post there boss.

Doesn't matter. Sooner or later someone else will read this thread and wonder about the same thing. Now they get an answer to that, even if it is off-topic.

Vern, saying EBAY is never acceptable here is wrong. 

Ebay armor is NEVER accepted by the FISD.

Sometimes there are actual good suits and equipment you can find on ebay. Good members who want to sell their suits there because they haven't gotten the interest in or feel safer selling it there.

The majority of the time, armor bought from EBAY is wrong. Before buying armor from EBAY, you need to have done your research and understand the differences in armors. Then you can make the decision if this armor if a good deal, accurate and so on. 

We can't fully count out a complete site for selling and buying items. It's down to education and taking care when looking. There are tons of good things on ebay that can be bought that are accurate, well priced and perfectly acceptable to buy.

Edited by Dday

Dday is absolutely right. You can make a bad purchase here too if you don't do your research or at least ask first. Like buying a kit that is way too small for you requires a lot of shimming that could have been avoided for example.

CFO sells armour on ebay btw...

Members here such as Trooperbay and TK Products Jim also sell their products on eBay (I should know, I've bought plenty from them on eBay) as well as it can be a quicker way to get a Doopy Doos kit than going through their website.

The armor is 90% of the time just crap or recast but some members (Gazmosis recently)  have sold their armor on eBay so the above posts are right that OCCASIONALLY a good deal can be found.  It's also probably the only place a member can rid themselves of an old FX kit anymore since none of us will touch them with a ten foot pole now that better armors exist.

Overall though,  you need to do your research here and be extremely thorough with your own knowledge and recognition of the armor types to be able to sort through the junk that is ordinarily sold on there.

Last word:  Just buy from our vetted armorers.  Done deal.  Everyones-a-happy then!

why take the chance on EBAY?

people who don't frequent this site don't know how to do proper research.

sure... if your an expert then you can buy on EBAY

out of all the newcomers here I've never personally  seen someone put links up to

a good vendor.

usually it's recast AP or RS Props!

pro vs newbie I'LL ALWAYS send them off ebay because it's better to do?

if someone wanted trooperbay or CFO then I send them to their site... not ebay!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Dday is absolutely right. You can make a bad purchase here too if you don't do your research or at least ask first. Like buying a kit that is way too small for you requires a lot of shimming that could have been avoided for example.

CFO sells armour on ebay btw...

when I purchased my AP kit, I knew it was "too small for me" so I had to add 4" of sidegap shim.

4 years ago, there was not as great a choice for armor.

I'd like to hear a suggestion about what a trooper should do when they have a 38" waist.

should I purchase RT mod? just because my waist is too large for AP?

when I purchased my AP kit, I knew it was "too small for me" so I had to add 4" of sidegap shim.

4 years ago, there was not as great a choice for armor.

I'd like to hear a suggestion about what a trooper should do when they have a 38" waist.

should I purchase RT mod? just because my waist is too large for AP?

I know that the market of armour is a lot better today than 4 years ago. I was just saying that despite that, if your don't research you can still make bad decisions even here.

As for you, 38" waist is a little abstract for me since I'm not used to imperial measures despite all my time here. But I would recommend asking someone who either has RT or the new NE to measure the inner distance, end-to-end of their ab and kidney pieces. If those add up to 38" then you're set. And at least from RT, you might be able to but loose pieces and not have to replace your whole kit.

my goal is to heal my spine enough to run.  sometimes I can't walk. or stand.

cerebral palsy is slowly taking away my ability to look good in the armor I love.