Clues ATA helmet build

Your ears actually look great as is, unless you want them to be tighter. It is all personal preference. Technically "screen accurate" has gaps around the ears. But you do whatever makes you happiest with your build, good work!

Looking good, it's great that the will send out the lid while you wait for the armor, gives you something to go on with :D

Good start..... but the tactical padding is imho not necessary.

Take the classic yellow foam padding and use a chin strap and the helmet will fit you perfectly :)

While I know the tactical padding is not necessary, my mild obsessive compulsiveness drives me to make the helmet as realistic as possible. If it doesn't work out I will pursue regular padding as an alternative but in the meantime I will have fun with the trial and error end of it.

I couldn't get away with the ACH pads because there just wasn't enough room for them and my big head, but I was able to repurpose some knee pads and get a snug and comfortable fit, that doesn't require a strap.

Screen accurate or not, I don't get how people can use the yellow foam, I thought it sucked. :P

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Right on...When I say realistic I mean what a helmet might actually look like in real life and not necessarily screen accurate. I'm sure the yellow padding provides a snug fit and is what was actually used on screen but its really just a matter of personal preference. We'll see how it works out.

Edited by Clue

I need to switch out to padding of some sort. Currently I have hardhat liner in and there is hardly any room in there . I think if I pad it appropriately I could also appear taller and show off more neck seal, as it is currently my neck seal is hardly visible. Just some ideas to keep in mind as you continue your build! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...